Kra KYC Status Confusion

When I am checking KRA KYC Status then it is showing KYC Status: Validated, Modification Status: Validated.

But on KYC ON HOLD block it is written that “FATCA not applicable”. What does it mean? Should I be worried? Even my FATCA details are there in zerodha.

@manishsw @ShubhS9

@tallerballer @Meher_Smaran

If your KYC status and modification status is validated, you don’t have to be worried. SEBI recently mandated that declared FATCA details be updated at KRAs, too, hence those remarks.

1. Then how to update these details with KRA?
  2. I have filled FATCA details while opening the zerodha account. And how can I check my FATCA details in zerodha also?

@Alwin

@Alwin @Meher_Smaran please tell me the answer of above questions please. I can see FATCA Not Applicable remark in my KRA status. However both status and modification status is Validated.

@VenuMadhav sir can you please?

@ShubhS9

1. As mentioned earlier, if your KYC status is already validated, you don’t have to do anything. If you want to declare the FATCA details again, you can complete the rekyc process, where you can declare your FATCA information, which will then be updated at KRA accordingly.

2. The declared FATCA details will be updated on the application form. You can request your application form on Console or raise a ticket so our team can assist you accordingly.

If the details are updated with KRA which we mentioned on Demat application form then why the KRA is remarking that “FATCA not applicable”? Isn’t it strange? @Alwin

As I said earlier, my FATCA details is already updated with Zerodha then why there are remarks in KRA. What does it mean “FATCA not applicable”? Can you please tell me? Sir @Alwin

The message ‘FATCA not applicable’ from the KRA indicates that your FATCA information is already recorded and up-to-date, so no changes are necessary. Although the wording could be clearer, this is simply a confirmation/internal messaging at their end.

Btw, If you have any questions, you can always contact their customer care via phone or email for assistance.

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation :smiling_face: