Main abhi 14 years ka hoon aur stock market / trading seekhne ki koshish kar raha hoon. Mera goal long term me trading mechanics aur discipline ko samajhna hai.
Mujhe experienced traders se in do baaton par guidance chahiye:
Kya koi starting me bahut kam capital (jaise ₹5,000 ya ₹10,000) se disciplined hokar aur sahi risk management seekhkar ek profitable trader ban sakta hai?
Meri ek strategy hai: Trading se jo bhi profit bane, use turant nikal kar safe jagah (jaise Nifty Index Fund) me invest kar doon, taaki trading wallet me sirf utna hi paisa rahe jitne ka risk liya ja sake. Kya ye capital protection aur over-trading se bachne ke liye sahi tareeka hai?
Main kisi quick-money scheme me nahi hoon, bas sahi process aur mindset seekhna chahta hoon. Aapke suggestions ka wait rahega.
Financial literacy at a young age is admirable.
However, be very careful to not get sucked into speculation (gambling).
Easier to get fooled at such a young impressionable age.
Basically,
It’s good to know that you are aware such schemes exist.
What you don’t know just yet is
how good you are (or can be in a moment of excitement)
at accurately identifying such schemes quickly (and ignoring them).
@YASH_SONI Why do you want to learn these skills in life?
What else during learning them?
What after learning them?
Once capital involved increases eventually,
what is to say that one will be able to continue to be disciplined!?
Conventional wisdom says that
one is extremely unlikely to have the same mindset / be disciplined,
when life-altering meaningful sums of money are involved.
Unless one has significant sums of money (already, or coming one’s way in future)
the time and effort involved is going to be better spent elsewhere.
(i.e. learning/deploying skills with higher opportunities of success / higher RoI).
Have you come across position-sizing and sequence-risk ?
(if not can read about them.)
Based on these 2 aspects,
can you think whether the planned approach makes mathematical/financial sense,
and share your thoughts/learnings in this topic-thread?
Honestly, I feel a strong natural interest towards trading and market mechanics compared to other fields. My idea was just to learn slowly and test my discipline with a small capital so I don’t risk big money early on.
Is it possible that by remaining consistent, learning over time, and following strict risk management, someone can eventually build a decent capital starting from a small one?
I really value your advice on discipline and risk, and I will keep learning while staying cau
Honestly, I feel a strong natural interest towards trading and market mechanics compared to other fields. My idea was just to learn slowly and test my discipline with a small capital so I don’t risk big money early on.
Is it possible that by remaining consistent, learning over time, and following strict risk management, someone can eventually build a decent capital starting from a small one?
Also, regarding my strategy: if I constantly withdraw my trading profits and reinvest them into safe long-term assets (like Nifty Index Funds) to keep my trading wallet lean, won’t that protect my capital from over-trading while slowly growing my overall wealth?
I really value your advice on discipline and risk, and I will keep learning while staying c
If any of this is due to a perception that it is easier,
then IMHO, that perception is extremely misleading.
Excellent!
IMHO, this is a wrong question / wrong way to go about it.
All of us can share somewhat different numbers based on our experiences/opinions.
However, the following two aspects
and the market/instrument(s) you intend to invest/trade in,
will help determine an appropriate ballpark amount for what you have in mind.
Again, please read about these 2 aspects, understand them thoroughly,
and share YOUR answer to original question you had,
(or hopefully a new line of thinking and a more relevant question(s), to discuss more)
Thank you so much for guiding me in the right direction!
I will study Position-sizing and Sequence-risk thoroughly as you suggested. I’ll analyze how these concepts impact small capital trading and share my learnings back in this thread soon.
I know this might sound like a naive or childish question, but can someone really fulfill their dreams through trading in the long run? I’m asking this because until now, I have only learned about trading through Google Gemini AI. This is literally the first time I am talking to a real human trader, so your guidance means a lot to me.
Really appreciate you taking the time to teach me the correct approach!
Depends on the dreams, but sure, it is possible (not saying probable).
IMHO,
almost anyone who manages to achieve a financial target via trading securities in a regulated market, would have been able to achieve the same much more efficiently using other ways to be productive / contribute to the society.
I genuinely believe that
it would have to be a very specific set of constraints
such that a person can achieve their goals with trading, but nothing else.