Lack of advertising by zerodha

@nithin With paytm(mf as well as direct equity soon)and jio money(mf as of now) entering the space do you not think that lack of marketing and advertising by zerodha can be detrimental.
People have known these players due to their outreach and people outside the trading world do not know zerodha as a brand.Apart from who has the best product(i believe zerodha is very innovative and thats an advantage)after competition approaching dont you think marketing and brand awareness are equally important?

Running a business is like playing a sport, you have to leverage the advantages and compete where your strength lies. We believe it is in our product and offerings, and that we are continuously working on to keep it ahead of the competition. In today’s highly networked world, you offer a better product, you don’t need any advertising, especially in a business like stockbroking where everyone who decides to invest is usually nudged by someone who is already investing/trading. You might one day wake and up decide to buy a mobile phone and that time brand recall works. But the day you decide to invest, you will ask your friend who already invests for an opinion on where/how/etc. You don’t start investing just by looking at an advertisement, especially when an advertisement can’t sell greed (how much returns you can make).

2 Likes

We, the users of Zerodha, are the biggest advertisers. I have personally recommended two people among my friends and family to open a Demat account with Zerodha.

The way we could interact with @nithin and team here on this forum openly to share our thoughts, frustration, agreements or disagreements, bricks and bouquets, suggest new features and ideas to make the platform better together, co-creating, see them getting implemented, at least I have not seen it happen on any other platform and that is the biggest asset of Zerodha, IMO. The only reason I moved from HDFC Securities to here, after interacting on this forum for a year or so.

Tomorrow, if Zerodha wants to raise funds and comes up with closed-group investment options among the existing Zerodha users, I think many users like me would put their money where the mouth is. This community is the real capital.

6 Likes

Ant_Web%20(1)

Three brokers. Same trade. Different margin!

I guess Zerodha doesn’t need to advertise.

AT ALL.

1 Like

We only yell at Zerodha and it looks prominent. It is because of the large customer base. When other broker gets this amount of active people, I guess we will see 3-4 hours of downtimes too

1 Like

Thank you for your answer sir.
Provides clarity.
I have always been pro zerodha and wish the best for the brand.
May you rule the broking space✌️