Learning Curve for Newbies

How much time it takes for a newbie in market to become a pro trader? Like 2 years, 5 years, 10 years etc

Minimum 1 year.

Analysing trends and catching the trends with proper risk management are two different things.

This is not an academic course buddy. It depends on how fast you can converge to a winning strategy that you can make peace with.

You have two broad ways to do this.

Either be willing to give considerable amount of time which could run in to years to learn, try out and even loose money trying out trading strategies.

Or

Adopt a winning strategy someone else has created and fast pace your convergence drive.

I say, Lifetime! This is never ending process. :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: Pro is too big word. First let’s reach basic line of understanding.

2 Likes

There is a large learning curve for newbies, but i wouldn’t be too intimidated by it as it is completely natural and normal.

1 Like

It takes time to learn how to scan and learn how to make successful trades and gain consistent profit. Although, this doesn’t happen overnight. Newbies need to be able to manage risk and money to stay put longer in the market. It depends on the learning capacity of every individual.

It takes time, it always has. I too have to spend years before I could call myself well-informed in the field of stock trading. Still, I sometimes make errors, but I’ve accepted it as a part of trading.

This is not just some simple basic course which can be done by all in a fixed duration. In fact, trading is more like a business in which you try to better your methods every single day. A newbie can take anywhere between 3 years to 5 years to trade successfully, some might take longer.

Disclaimer: Securities Market is subject to Market Risks, please consult your Certified Financial Advisor before investing.

It takes some time for newbies to understand the market analogy. This is why if they constantly learn as they continue, they allow space to grow and gain profit.

Its a journey , if you spend 10000+ hr in the market and have spent time in all the phases-bull , bear , sideways, High vix, low vix, medium vix, events and have good capital and risk appetite mindset then any one can learn this business. so for some its takes 2 years for some 10 years. Its amount of time you are willing to give

1 Like

its a lifelong process but i can tell you the most important point because i have done it myself and that is 2 yeas of active trading .Time will make you learn a lot of things means when you open a position in the market your learning starts .+ learn from a real result oriented guru who knows what he does.

Depending on how quick they grasp information and use it to their benefit, it can vary from individual to individual. There is no set time period that one can turn into a pro trader. It depends on the approach, knowledge and skill.

Learning will be the easy part and applying what you learned will be the tough part. For some people 1 or 2 years of learning will be enough but on the other hand there are people who are still struggling even after 10 years. So, it just depends on how much knowledge you can gain during the learning period.

1 Like