Life Insurance or Health Insurance

Hey guys!
My age is 21 and I am currently working in IT Sector. I am considering to buy insurances, but I am not sure which one to go first(health or life). As I have to invest my savings, I am currently be able to save for any one of the insurance per year as of now.

Because I am young, I cand find both the insurances under 10k/year.

Note: My mom is going through a medical condition and it requires a portion of my monthly salary every month.

Thanks in advance

Based on details provided, seems like your family is dependent on your income (or at least part of it).
So I would suggest to get a Life insurance first, as that would support your family in case of your untimely death.

I am assuming that your company would be providing some type of Health insurance coverage, so you can delay buying a separate health insurance by a some time, till you can afford both insurance.

Fully agree with @Akash_Shah, you need a Term insurance policy much

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your clarification. As you said, I am going to go with Term Insurance policy. Thanks again for your insights.

Hey @Venkatramanan

Coincidentally, We’ve recently published a Z-connect post just couple of days back on the topic about basics of health and Life Insurance. Do check it out once and Welcome to TradingQ&A :slight_smile: looking forward to many more conversations

1 Like