Limited scrutiny Notice received from IT, How to proceed with this?

Limited scrutiny Notice received from IT, How to proceed with this?

"Following issue(s) have been identified for examination:

i. Whether the investment and income relating to securities (derivative) transactions are duly

disclosed."

2.In view of the above, I would like to give you an opportunity to produce any evidence/information

which you feel is necessary in support of the said return of income on or before------------------

3.The above mentioned evidence/information is to be furnished online electronically in 'E-
Proceeding’ facility through your account in e-Filing website of Income-tax Department.

Further proceedings shall also be conducted electronically (*). A brief note on salient features

of ‘E-Proceeding’ is enclosed.

1 Like

Tradetax.in

Should give solutions

I also received the same notice and had only losses.
Is it enough to to share PnL report of broker with the IT ?

department collects information from Markets. They do not know whether you made profits or losses unless you disclose the same in your ITRs. if you fail to include your trading details in ITR then you will get notice. whether profit or loss you need to file Proper ITR.

They will assume that you are making lot of profits.

4 Likes

Thanks for quick reply. I have submitted the documents online.
In how much time I can expect the next reply for further information or closure of e-proceedings ?

Can anyone provide input on this ?

We can’t predict how much time it takes. But they will communicate if they need more details Or if they are satisfied.

1 Like

Thanks. So it means they reply in either case.
Any approximate time based on past experience from any one ?

Hi Abhishek
I got the same notice and I had also made only losses :wink:
Could you please tell me where did you uploaded the documents.
I tried going through e -proceeding section on incometaxfiling website but didn`t get any options for uploading.
Regards

Hi Atul,

You shall see the same notice in e-proceeding section along with option to upload the documents.
In case, you do not see the notice, raise grievance and ask them to push the e-proceedings notice.
I also did the same.

Regards,
Abhishek

1 Like

I had not filed for past 4 years as i was making only losses what should i do?

Accountants charge you around 500 INR yearly to get this done for you.

Find an accountant near your home and let them do it for you.

When you try to do it on your own, its like a Pandora box, it creates a lot of stress trying to solve the puzzle of filing ITR returns in any country.

For 500 INR , the accountant relieves you of all this stress and does things the proper way.

Im currently working in a company where i joined 4 months back.now when should i file this?

1 Like

When you receive the Notice with a Specific question. Try to answer the questions with specific supportings. You can attach trading reports , ITR to substantiate the same and reply to the specific queries been raised.

Now you can reply online itself with your Tax login.

After Limited scrutiny notice, stating "Whether the investment and income relating to securities (derivative) transactions are duly disclosed. " if i have submitted ITR and broker statements as supporting. and after that have received another notice from Department regarding complete scrutiny ( under CASS) for Return filed.
then
what documents are required to be filed now?
and is it normal to receive such type of notice?

kindly reply asap

The Limited scrutiny can be converted to complete scrutiny if the the officer feels that there are more non compliant area or details are insufficient to complete the assessment.

In Complete Scrutiny , they can ask for all kind of financial transactions and specially the credits in the Bank statement.

Received the same notice again from the IT but this time with original (actual) seal and sign of AO. Also, received the soft copy of the same notice from official email id of AO. I have replied to the e-mail id of the AO but no response so far.

I had already submitted the soft copy ONLINE in time as per the first notice but it seems it was not checked…

I am outside India and cannot appear personally. Can any one help here how to approach them ?

1 Like

Dear Abhishek.

In your tax login now Income Tax has provided tab E Processing , you can submit all your information with a letter and submissions. You will get the online acknowledgement also.

Regards

I did the same using e-proceedings. But, no online acknowledgement was received.

1 Like

You would have received an email …