Live greeks and option chain

Any new update on live greeks. It’s really painful to calculate manually during trading hours on multilegged strategies, hope you understand. And kindly include portfolio greeks also.

Very soon.

How long do v hv to wait now! Upstock is providing live greeks n u guys r just giving false promises!

Hey, we are testing beta version and soon will release it out to few clients, btw most likely our new option calculator should be out this week.

@siva -please indicate if IV percentile/rank will also be coming along. We absolutely need it as option traders.

I have registered with upstox to get benefit of features Zerodha don’t have :). Soon will allocate more funds to trade in upstox compared to Zerodha

1 Like

It will be implicit even though may not come as a separate column, said that I believe this platform will cover many features which are not available for retailers till date in India.

1 Like

@siva @nithin

If you allow I wish to see in the prospective option chain being built by Zerodha is the IV Percentile / IV Rank of the UNDERLYING ASSET based on the IV as reflected thru option premiums at any point of time. Something similar to how VIX for NIFTY is computed.
Please note that I am not asking for option IV at different strike price, as it is shown in option chain data @ NSE site.
You may like to refer: http://www.traderslounge.in/implied-volatility-rank-nse-fno-stocks/

As you can appreciate options are mathematical tools and IV percentile is the CRITICAL edge while trading options.

Look forward for your response.

1 Like

IV rank will be included in later versions but in this will be providing IV for all selected strikes for all contracts, also can let me know what more features you would like to have on this platform.

@siva - My only ask is IV Rank/IV percentile of the underlying. Please accommodate this in your current release. It will be very helpful.

Most of the work is already done by other folks, refer to the link I shared. You can connect to the author of that site I referred earlier.

Even I refer to the above mentioned site sometimes to get the rough estimate of the current IV…including IV rank and IV percentile would be helpful to judge whether current IV envronment is low or high…

@siva …Even I refer to the above mentioned site sometimes to get the rough estimate of the current IV…including IV rank and IV percentile would be helpful to judge whether current IV environment is low or high… If you can inlcude options strategies with payoff diagram…risk/return profile changing with change in current IV…it would be wonderful…if very difficult to keeep tracking IV in excel sheet

@haribabu Please understand the importance of Greeks. For that let’s start with Option Pricing.

Option Premium made with 5 Elements which are…

1. Spot Price, 2. Strike Price, 3. Volatility, 4. Time to Maturity & 5. Rate of Interest.

Each element is counted in different terms like… Spot Price and Strike Price are counted in “Rs.” term, Volatility and Rate of Interest are counted in “%” term and Time to maturity comes in “Day” term.

If you want to understand their effect on the Options Premium, you need Greeks. Greeks shows you the effect of each element in Rs. term on Options Premium.

e.g. A) Delta shows you how much options premium changed if spot price change by Rs. 1
B) Theta shows how much options premium will changed if time to maturity decreas by 1 Day
C) Vega Show how much Options Premium will be changed if Volatility changed by 1%

Same as it also help to understand how much risk is there in your portfolio. Like delta shows how much P&L will be changed if market moves towards bullish or bearish trands.

I think FinIdeas will help you to learn all the things about Option Pricing, Greeks, Volatility & Strategies. You can visit www.finideas.com for more information.

This will be included.

When can the end users expect the tool?

1 Like

Few more weeks.

@aksinghv, @anand3174 , @chiragjp , @Umar_Ali, @Shailesh_B_Shah , @hydtrader, @haribabu @skraam, @portfolioplus911 @Neha_Raghuraman
Guys, here is the link for option calculator, in few weeks Sensibull will release beta version of options platform. Can you please check this and give your feedback.

3 Likes

@darshank

Please checkout Sensibull - India’s Largest Options Trading Platform

You can see IV and Greeks of any option you choose here. You can also simulate your P&L under any scenario of future price, IV and date with this, which is easier than doing the math with Greeks.

In a couple of days you will also see live IV chain for every stock in this page.

@haribabu

You can see IV and Greeks of any option you choose here. You can also simulate your P&L under any scenario of future price, IV and date with this, which is easier than doing the math with Greeks.

In a couple of days you will also see live IV chain for every stock in this page.

If you have any doubts on this, please feel free to write to me on abid at sensibull

We will be doing multilegged strategies and portfolio Greeks soon enough. If you would like Beta access to the same please write to me at abid at sensibull.