Loan Against Securities (Beta)

@siva please come to margin funding

Hi @siva, I got my response . Thanks

I have few more questions , can you please put some more lights on those ?

1. Suppose one of my holding XYZ which is pledged to Zerodha Cap , i need to sell it immediately due to some urgent reasons , can I request zerodha Cap to sell it in behalf of me ? If not what is the process to do so ? Because some times we don’t have time and money with us to de-pledge it first and then sell .
  2. If we sold through Zerodha Cap , what will be the brokerage fee in that case ?
  3. Can we get loan against mutual funds, Fixed Deposit ?
  1. No, this wont be possible. You will have to replace a security of similar worth, un pledge, and sell the share.

As I mentioned, this is not possible as Zerodha Capital is not a broker. Zerodha capital will sell only if you default or don’t adhere to the LTV calls.

Loan against MF is possible, but we will need a few more weeks to enable it.

1 Like

No, you wont be able to repledge the already pledged shares.

When will the amount of sale recipt in excess of loan amount will be credited to bank account.
Secondly since zerodha cap is nbfc and not broker in case of any default or misuse of security what kind of remedy would be there since there won’t be IPF. Btw i assume that zerodha cap would be adeqately funded though.
And at last since security would be in zerodha caps account , can it lend securities in market or re pledge them or use it for any purposes as there won’t be sebi here .

Hi @siva , thanks for the clarification . can you let me know how much time will be taken to free the pledged shares if new fund added or security added with same worth ?

This can take about an hours time i.e. to unpledge. Once unpledged, it will show on Kite the next day and you can freely sell the same.

@Karthik @siva I tried to apply for LAS on zerodha capital. I got an error, I have raised a ticket with ticket ID #20201215770639. Kindly check.

1 Like

nice initiative.All the very best

I know that one shouldn’t
But can one invest the funds anywhere including In equities on kite app from the loan ( from the pledge of shares ) ,is that legally allowed ?
Also would like to have a seperate app for zerotha q/a , zerotha capital …that ll provide amazing experience :grinning:

Hi Karthik,

A couple of queries for you please -

1. With the current RBI Repo Rate at 4% + LTRO scheme for NBFCs in vogue, why is Zerodha charging 10.5% rate of interest for LAS?
    ICICI is offering LAS at 8.25-8.50% while Axis is offering LAS at 8.30-8.50%.

Zerodha’s offering seems relatively pricier. Any plan to offer a more competitive rate?

1. In Bank LAS, once can deposit/ withdraw money on a daily basis.
    Eg: If i have a 50 lakhs limit & withdraw 40 lakhs today, i am charged interest for 40 lakhs today & if tomorrow morning i deposit back 2 lakhs; the interest charged for tomorrow will be calculated at 38 lakhs.

Does Zerodha’s LAS work in a similar fashion in terms of ease of operations?

1. If i take a LAS of Rs. 50 lakhs, do i need to return the 50 lakhs at the end of 12 months mandatorily even if i am servicing the interest payments every month regularly?
    Is the maximum time period of 12 months a limit or is there a need to renew the loan afresh every 12 months.

Request, if you can clarify

Regards,
Saurabh Singh

1 Like

@Karthik

Please reduce the interest rate for LAS, and make it competitive.
It’s virtually risk free money.

Is it possible to pledge, say, 10L with zerodha capital and only use and pay interest on variable amount (say 2L) calculated EOD.

Also, possible to pledge SGB? NIFTY Index anytime soon?

Point 2 is important because 430 INR is lost if one has to do this again and again.

Does the LAS continue year on year, and one doesn’t have to re-apply?

Thanks

1 Like

Is LAS facility available for NRI customers trading with NRE account?

@Karthik, @siva I have applied for LAS on saturday 23rd jan 2021. I completed all the steps like paying fees of Rs. 436/-, “initiate pledge” and finally reached the step of “confirm pledge”. At this step, i get the error. sometimes it is “Error code ERR003” and sometimes it is “Epledge request rejected”.

I have also raised a ticket #20210125192564

Please help.

This is an error from CDSL, can you please retry applying?

Hi karthik,
Thanks for your instant reply. I was getting this error code ERR003 on saturday (I had retried multiple times but the same error).
Then, when I retried it again yesterday (sunday), i started getting “Epledge request rejected” error. Yesterday, for all the 6-7 retries, i was getting the same “epledge request rejected” error.

Today, when i tried “apply now” from the zerodha capital, it takes me to my zerodha console dashboard page (instead of the loan page). So, I am not able to initiate pledge today.

Hey Uttam, Console is going through a major upgrade (I’m sure you’ll love the new version) and the team is working non stop to make this smooth. Should be up and about in some time.

2 Likes

Hi @Karthik sir,
would love to know the summary of the changes that you mentioned were coming to console.Any z-connect blog?

1 Like

That’s some news right there. So now both Coin & Console are going to get major updates! I guess both will happen at the same time. Any ETA on this?

I found a few threads which mention about the upcoming features in Console. Likely many of the features mentioned on those threads would be included in the new version of Console. Sharing the list of the threads that I could find -

3 Likes