Long Straddle Strategy discussions

I have been using Long Straddle Strategy for less than a month.its very good for me .i know some basics about the Strategy. I would like to know more about this Strategy from Traders personal experience. Anyone, here using or used Straddle Strategy.

Conditions to execute this Strategy.

1)Cost of Transaction, like 1 lot contains 1 buy call and 1 buy put.(consider Risk to reward Ratio)

2)Implied Voltality (IV value).

Previously, i buy 1 Straddle. Now,i am buying 2 straddle.
Around 30 to 50 k capital is needed for me.Recently,i started making profits.i make 2k to 3k for 2 Straddle which is 5% to 10% Returns for 1 or 2 days.
Its sounds too good to be True.

Can Anyone relate to this Strategy,

I have tired and tested long straddle. This is good when nifty trends in one direction especially more than 150 pts.
when it goes flat or zig zag you loose money due to time decay. other issue is this strategy is good only on intraday when you hold for more than one day due to time decay you will end up in loss.

The last few days nifty is trending and making more intraday range so it would have been fruitful for you, you will face the real issue on the flat days. You never know when nifty will trend and when nifty will be flat.

you can try the same for some more time say a 1 or 2 months and then you could decide yourself.

1 Like