Lost 25 lacs in banknifty option trading

Huh?. Sure, Canada Govt is giving away visa like election pamphlets? Are you joking or serious, Become a truck driver?

Is there someone who only trades on expiry days? How much price correction is possible? What do you suggest of using a hedge technique of buying call and put of similar price with same quantity at every support and resistance points considering that voltality is highest on expiry.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head. After reading this, I also felt the same.

I believe all he wants to know is there a possibility of making 25-30 lacks out of capital of 1.5lacks. Is this a possibility - Someone should tell yes or no to him on this.

If yes, then he wants to know the strategy so that he can copy the same

Only reflects on you and what you could take from so much stuff that is available - a lot of it free.
Becoming cynical is only natural because of so much useless stuff that is available, but this works.

My whole career finally took off slowly once i started learning from 1st book and blog. Wasted few years learning from gurus and ā€˜puntersā€™. But anyway, if it does not work for you, look elsewhere until you find what works for you. It worked for me, but i had to put serious efforts into it for many years. And everyone needs to do their own work as well i think - combine things into plans and test and adapt.

Other than him, I found work of Andrea Unger nice too looking at his blog, but have not yet had the time to try to look into it more deeply. And lot of really good stuff is there in Better System trader, which can be used as introduction and then you can check whoever seems interesting.

Any idea that you get from your own observation or someone elseā€™s is a good starting point. Then you need to test it yourself on market data ( manually or through code) and check whether it works and how well it works and what are the risks. Trading takes effort, this is the process. Any answer that you get yourself is worth a lot lot more that what anyone might say to you.

Buying both sides is not an hedge. Option buying inherently has low win rate and even more on expiry days i think. You need to test.
Although not the same, there is a system called 920 straddle/strangle that became very popular that sells both sides at 0920 with stops and waits for a trend move. It used to work very well but this year has not. There are lots of system providers who might give such systems, You can use that as starting point and try to improve and validate yourself. But always remember that there is no free lunch.

2 Likes

Takes one to know one.

And as always, if anything, your replies reflect your seriousness and commitment, and if one is serious too, he would understand the depth of it and ponder over it.

:+1:

1 Like

Everything is possible. However, given your current mindset, based on your questions aboveā€¦ it seems to me you have not really learnt any lessons from your debacle.

You need to forget trading for a while, and focus on learningā€¦ not just the technicals, but also money management and psychology. Then learn to come up with a strategy, then backtesr and forward test it, paper trade it,ā€¦ and only after months of successful testing, should you even try to dip your toes in these waters.

That will form a solid knowledge and emotional base from which you might start. Without that effort in preparation, you will only continue on this roller coaster of emotional and financial highs and lows.

My 2 centsā€¦

1 Like

@B.trader i am trading in market more then 10 years - i am living through stock market i am option seller - making every month 3 % consistenly - for proof you can search my last converstaion also , i really started 3 lakhs capital 10 years back , on that time there is lot of margin provideded i make good money in option selling , i lost some capital also and recovered - my capital grown from 3 lakhs to 1.3 crore now in 10 + years , but somebody told its very small you grow the capital , for me yearly i keep 25% return thats all i will compounded , now every month i will make 3 lakhs + profit - whatever the profit i earned i will investe in GSEC 60% and rest 30% in stock and MF and 10% in SGB - now my dividended income per year is 8 Lakhs + still its growing , now i am making yearly profit of arount 40 Lakhs - its compounding slowly -
see if you need to stay in the market you need strict disclipine otherwise market will through out you -

always take the profit and invest in divided yield like gsec and stock
this month my profit is counting

2 Likes

You are doing it, good, but this is not enough for him I think.

If you can tell some more details, not your full plan, but some broad plan, how are you doing it, manual or system based, what are the advantages, what are the risks, how to be prepared for unexpected things etc. It can help.

1 Like

i will reply one by one - i tested algo backtesting its showing away some profit , but when i deployed in live the result is opposite - only one month i try algo and then i quit - i am fully controlled by manual only

1 Like

My neighbour went to Canada with no job offer. But he is MBA with some experience I think. They will see if there is funds enough to sustain till job is obtained. I think itā€™s called Canada express entry visa. He had to go after his dad landed with 1 cr debt. If the person is skilled getting job is very easy especially for techie with experience. As far I know only US has ridiculous rules for H1B and their insane green card wait line. Even NZ has a list of skill shortages I believe. I donā€™t know exact details because my friends give very varied response,(some donā€™t even want to answer due to status) but whatever country a minimum 1000$ savings post expenses per month is better( saying this in perspective to return to India after 4 to 6 years).

Heard pay is good or thatā€™s what youtube says 100k $ a year , But! The weather is cold, plenty of challenges. Itā€™s not rosy but for shorter duration should help. Now if you are asking me joking or serious, well I am saying seriously. I mean for real how exactly can someone expect in india to make 25L in a very short duration that too in cash post taxes . I donā€™t understand this. Itā€™s takes to be a top coder to get those 1% 40+ LPA FAANG jobs(IMO they are laid off). Otherwise the other options are famous youtuber with million views, movie actor, only fans, webcam model, adult star, etc. I think truck driver is far better! If you have better idea to make 25 L within a year then do say! I am quite sure OP wants the money back even less than a year

Note:- I have no idea what line of work OP does. Just assumed he is jobless. But nonetheless I canā€™t think of any way out when losses are in 10+ lakhs with no source of income or Businesses.

Yeah high return expectation is what blows ur account I also donā€™t target for than 2-3 % a month.

its clear there is no risk management if you lost so much. As far i know there no recovering ur losses focus on you trading style maybe option buying is not 4u. And i believe u deployed 100% of ur capitial for option buying trades. The best option buyers donā€™t do this. This is part of risk management. They deploy max to 10-20% only. For option seller this is not a problem as risk management is automatically taken care of bcoz of higher margin requirement. You got greedy and market has u made you pay for this. Donā€™t focus on recovering ur losses. Then 1.5 lakh will become 0 for sure.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ve seen so much that I find his content super mediocre, although he can be quite helpful for beginners

Teaching is not just about teaching complex things, unknown things, it also means a lot of other aspects, like explaining with clarity, instilling confidence, making us think on our own, making us go forward on our own, carving a niche for ourselves. Einstein did that, Peter Lynch did that.

Of course, for those who can do on their own, this kind of teaching/mentoring wont be necessary.

Why are you wasting your life in India? Iā€™m sure youā€™re much more skilled than a truck driver. You also have experience. So just resign from your current job and take up a good offer in Canada, UK, NZ etc and live a much better life. After all itā€™s very easy to get there if youā€™re skilled.

Why would you assume that he is wasting time, he is a SWE, so he is alright :computer:

muhahaha, ok man, good going. All of them are quite mediocre yes sure. You study whatever suits you. Maybe write a book too.

Simple things work well enough for me.

And Caesar wept for there are no more worlds to conquer :crossed_swords:

Developed countries offer better quality of life then India. Plus he can also make more money.
If itā€™s so simple to go there, whatā€™s he doing here in India. Weā€™ve lot of unemployed graduates to deal with. Someone will get job in his place

It isnā€™t and I know that you may know about this. For IT people who get visa, it is easy to make money. For other jobs, I guess not, because those countries themselves have citizens who may need such jobs.

Even if all things are in place, it is hard to go and live in another country, work, and send money home :roll_eyes:

:india: :us:

1 Like