Lost 40 lakhs till now in trading

No data with me. I have never played and I will never play in future too.

As a student I used to play fantasy cricket on cricketinc.com. There was no entry fee as such to participate. I won around 7 times to make around 21000rupees in aggregate. It was a big amount for me when I was at a graduation level. This is between 2009 to 2011. After that I stopped completely.

the reason i am asking, gaming is taxed at 28%

will stock markets also get similar taxation structure??

No way. Probability of this is less than 0.01percent. Also giving this probability because we should never say never.

It will render the whole future and option segment unviable, destroying such an important aspect of financial markets just because of some tax gains and while aiming to be a developed economy, zero percent probability in my opinion.

Even i lost almost 40 L and now don’t have courage to do more trading.

sorry for your loss friend. I am still trading.luckly current year there is no profit but loss is almost 0.
and one thing i can tell you my overall loss is just due to 0.1% trade.

1 Like

My loss is due to ONLY ONE trade, my loses can be minimised but I was unfortunate as this only trade wiped off my portfolio. I don’t have courage to trading anymore.

:frowning: Better avoid…equity is good. even i should not added more than some amount in trading… still bad in discipline but hedging most of trades now…
but yes one thing is sure trading is more about discipline…even more than analysis in my opinion.
and ppl like us are just gambling.
i am hoping if i trade like last 2 months i will be able to cover my losses in 3-4 years atleast

1 Like

It was something beyond my control:Ireda short sell

Bhai, I will say use stoploss , stop trade if loss goes above say 5K …hedge every trade if u r buying and strict stoploss of order of itm position if mkt moves in opposite direction.
if we keep losses to some limit say max 1-2% then we will definately be in profit…
my top 10 losses
15 laks, 3 lakhs, 2-2.5l 10 times…thats it.main cause of loss and max profit is just 50k that too because of hedhe trade and other trade was in big loss

1 Like

My scenario is quite different from yours i assume you went through the link thread. I am a novice trader and not aware of all these stuffs. In my case a single trade caused me so much loss.

By d way sister here not bro.

ok…do check message i sent you …go slow… vry slow… dont even add big amount in ur trading acount.
even i am not aware of many thing and main issue with me is not having proper discipline and trading with hope.
Best Luck:)

Definitely will keep in mind. Thank you :pray:

Thanks for sarcasm but i did not wanted to make triple profit i did not realize or say put proper efforts strategy to reduce loss or understand that we need to close trades in losses as well and which is fine…

Thanks bro…this year i am no profit but no loss also…struggling with discipline few times that is costing all profit…but i am happy that i am in no loss now…
Yes still few mistake j need to work kn like putting stoploss, no averaging and putting some limit on loss…

You should have an absolute SL in Rupees set in stone. I have no other suggestions cause I know you have no dearth of suggestions. Are you doing ratios or just plain naked options? Even the best strategy can fail when there’s no real life experience to react during moments of panic or freeze.

Good traders lose 50% of the time but their losses are capped while their profits are made to run.

2 Likes

all comments in thread are very usefull thanks to everyone. Those who are trading…from my experience i can tell you few simple things which will help you in making sure you wont loss big.
a. Do not trade with huge quantity
b. stoploss is MUST
c. always have hedge position
d. make sure you know your max loss.
e. do close trade if loss is above 2% of capital
f. try to use some indicator while trading
g. never average position which is already in loss
h. even 1-6 % monthly profit is huge in trading donot try to make money double in week or day.
i. making sure loss is small is very very imp
j. if u r in profit say 5k have some stoploss say at 4k…and keep on updating sl if profit is increasing…

years profit can be gone in single day…so dont think ki kuchh nahi hoga its ok…etc etc.
all best

4 Likes

good this is part of the solution. Having good risk management is imp to survive. But it wont make you profitable.
Instead of losing money quickly, you will now lose it slowly. You can still lose big, just that it will take more time to do so.

You need to do something that actually works in the market. Without that, nothing can be done.
Just using ‘some indicator’ wont necessarily work. We need to test whether something works first over many years of data. If something works, then yes execute that live without error day in day out and then hope it continues to work in future.

1 Like

Well if u loose less and ur profit isnhigh overall u will be in profit
Most ppl are in loss because of 1-10% trades so very few number of trades cause big loss

Sorry to here your loss, don’t be tense, it desire to get high profit in future, failure teach us how to become success. we just have to learn where and why we lost and how we can get profit. i suggest just take a break and learn again and become a successful trader. Good luck