MAJESCO ltd announced 974 per share Interim dividend!

How will you profit?

The CMP is 982, if i buy now i will get 974 dividend. if i can sell the stock before it reaching 8rs im in profit right?

EXTRA ORDINARY DIVIDEND will be adjusted with exact dividend amount in all cases wherever it is 5% or more than the closing market price .
this share has 5% circuit limit as of now to go up and down after adjustment .

You will get dividend of 974 per share ONLY AND ONLY if you sell earliest on 23 December when it will trade EX dividend .

(1) Dividend is taxable in the hands of shareholder since 1 April 2020. (2) you can even buy on 22 December and sell on 23 December ( BTST) . your broker will credit the dividend to your trading account. (3) closing price of 22 December MINUS 974 will be adjusted price on ex divide date 23 December. circuit breaker will be on this adjusted price.

Ok, so say suppose after i received the dividend the stock is trading around 900 or 800, i can sell right? so im in profit right? sorry if im asking blunders :grinning:

After dividend stock should trade /settle around 35-40 per share but for this 22 December closing has to be around 1005-1010 .
if the closing on 22 December is say 982 which was today the price on 23 December will be around 8.50 with UC and will keep hitting ucS for months till 35-40 !

It may not go negative but there is possibility because it is an unprecedented corporate action case of ever highest dividend per share by any company in history .

Yes, “if” you can, but now dividends are taxed at personal level, so all factors should be considered.

Nothing like that, no matter what if he is eligible he will get dividend.

we are only discussing about Majesco ltd on this thread which will trade EX DIVIDEND only and only from 23 December .

No, zero possibility of going negative. It won’t go, worst case it will be 0.

I REST MY CASE by saying there has to be rules framed for every action .

Yes, the stock price cannot be in negative. This scenario will be one to watch out for, you have got me curious as well :slightly_smiling_face:

There must be some provisions, not aware of them though. Maybe we will have to wait and see what happens

Form 15 related query:

Should I write the exact amount of dividend expected or can write “approx. 2L”
I am still planning to buy more shares hence exact dividend amount is not yet finalized.

Last date to submit form 15 G is today 21 December 2020 .

will I receive dividend if I buy and hold from 22 dec > ex date 23 dec

you will get dividend of 974 per share if you buy on 22 December . the share will trade EX dividend from 23 December.

1 Like

As per BSE /NSE circular dated 21 December 2020 MINIMUM adjusted PRICE for EX dividend on 23 December will be face value 5 or 22 December closing minus 974 WHICHEVER IS HIGHER …The aforementioned policy shall be adopted by ExchangeS on December 22,2020 for the company Majesco Ltd.

Thanks for replay bro.
just to confirm What amount of dividend i will receive if I buy shares today (22 dec ) ex date 23 dec ?

if you buy today on 22 December 2020 you will get 974 per share Dividend and most probably by earliest payment date 30 December .
There is another pay out due of around 36 per share in few weeks /months . after that liquidation value of property and perhaps company in about a year’s time . the share will remain listed till that time.

1 Like