Making sense of Zerodha Statement

I trade F&O. I find a lot of debits from my account when I check my Zerodha statement. I have pledged Mutual funds to get a margin. I heard that Zerodha will charge interest on margin if I didn’t maintain a 1:1 cash equivalent: non-cash equivalent ratio. I was checking Zerodha’s statements & found these entries.

1. Net obligation for Equity F&O

Can anyone clarify what this means? Also what entry should I look out for if Zerodha is charging interest for my collateral?

Hi @Ved112

The F&O obligation amount is the net sum of money added or removed from your ledger on a given day for your futures and options positions. Options trades are settled on the basis of net premium receivable or payable. However, when you trade futures contracts, the obligation amount is calculated at a marked-to-market (M2M) price.

We’ve explained this in detail here: How to understand the credit/debit on funds statement when trading F&O?

This is an exchange specified rule, Ved :slight_smile:

The exchanges require that 50% of the margin for overnight F&O positions must be in cash or cash equivalent collateral, while the remaining 50% can be in non-cash collateral margin.

In case there is a shortfall in the cash margin requirement and it is funded by non-cash collateral, You will see n entry named " Delayed payment charges"

You can learn more about delayed payment charges in the following support article: I see a deduction “Delayed payment charges” on my ledger. Why is this?

1 Like