Mandatory email and mobile update in CVLKRA deadline regarding

ZERODHA provides a detail DIY to proceed with Aadhar validation in the below link:

Hi, my query to fellow traders regarding the above topic. I have updated my email and mobile number in the CVL KRA website for both me and my wife Zerodha trading accounts, but couldn’t proceed with Aadhar validation because of spelling mistake in my city name and initials found in birth name in Aadhar. Pan card doesn’t allow inclusion of initials. I have enquired 2 of my other friends in trading community who has account with different brokers, they also has the same issue. how you guys have dealt with this with dead line nearing?

1 Like

hi, @Neelesh @Meher_Smaran can moderators help me with this.
i have created a support Ticket #20230821280747. I got a reply from the support team with the content written in the bulletin
Mandatory email & mobile verification at KRA. At present i have updated both email and mobile numbers and verified them successfully. Is it mandatory to proceed with Aadhar verification to continue smooth running of trading accounts? . I am full time trader and i have 2 trading accounts associated with zerodha and what i need to do to rectify the mismatches in name initials ? I have already done rekyc too

The end goal is to ensure the name and other details match on KYC and aadhaar portal.

For city name.

If your details are correct as per aadhaar and not on KYC- You can complete rekyc via aadhaar, and Zerodha will push the fresh KYC files with details as per aadhaar to KYC registration agency (KRA). Once done, details on KYC records will match, post which you can complete the validation.

If your details are correct as per KYC and not on aadhaar - You need to get your aadhaar details updated. Once the same is done, you can complete rekyc via aadhaar, post which we will modify the details as per aadhaar on KYC records.

Alternatively, you can reach out to [email protected] or call on 8069144848 if there is a minor mismatch.

For Name mismatch.

The name on KYC details are fetched as per ITD at Zerodha.

So if your name on Income tax database(ITD) is correct- You need to update your name on aadhaar as per ITD. Once done, the details will match with KYC and aadhaar, and you can complete the verification.

If your name on your aadhaar is correct - You need to get your name updated on the Income tax database(ITD) and follow the process mentioned here. . Once updated at both end you can complete the verification on the KYC portal.

2 Likes

Hi @Alwin ,
I have updated my mobile number from 82***7 to ****2081 in console, its changed successfully. While I am checking with CVLKRA website for KYC its still showing old mobile number due to which KYC is getting failed. Pls let me know how to correct the mobile number from cvlkra website to complete the KYC.

I have updated my mobile number from 82***7 to ****2081 in console,

When was this updated? Also, can you share the ticket number here?

@shubh, there is KYC issue in my account. I have bought some long term puts (Dec 2024), will these too be squared off by zerodha today.

1 Like

Hi @Alwin ,
PFA support TT: 20230831386828 . ReKYC Completed.
My F&O positions are open, but I am not able to close it.
Can you pls check when the mobile number will get updated in cvlkra website?

If my mobile number and email id, which are registered with Zerodha, are different from what is shown in NDML KRA, do I need to match them? I use two mobiles and two email ids. So though the details aren’t incorrect, the mobile number and email id in ndml kra are not the same as that used for Zerodha.

Note: KYC status is shown as “KYC verified” in NDML KRA and “Present in NDML KRA” in CVL KRA.
@ShubhS9 @Alwin please assist.

Looks like you haven’t completed the rekyc via aadhaar. Due to last-minute rush, KRAs are experiencing huge volumes, which is leading to delays. The current TAT is 5 working days.

Bulletin link

As long as you can verify your details via OTP, KRAs will be able to verify and validate your request.

What does it means? reKYC with Zerodha is not processed/completed/pending?

My kyc details are updated in ckyc as per aadhaar through zerodha, but still cvl kra is showing my old mobile number and it’s not updating, what to do, my trading is blocked

Hi @bhanukodali

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please create a ticket at support.zerodha.com ? Our team will check the specific details and provide a better solution to you. If you’ve already created one, can you DM me the ticket number, will get it checked.

Hi @Meher_Smaran I already created a Ticket #20230910443799, but the response was a computer generated message with is irrelevant and unuseful, please let me know why zerodha is creating this problem, why cant they update my registered mobile number in CVL KRA

Your request has been sent to KRA. This is under process. Our team will revert you with details on the ticket. You can track the status of your request on cvlkra.com

@Alwin,
I realized I quite didn’t understand this CVL verification even after going through Zerodha circular.
But, I see the verification status as below, should I do anything ?

1 Like

Hi,

I have done an update of OVD recently and My KYC status in cvlkra shows up as “NEW KYC VALIDATED” and under Modify Status as “Modify KYC VALIDATED”.

I would like to ask if I can now be able to continue investing or should I wait for a next status code?

Thank you in advance .

Hi @Alwin

I recently tried to verify my email but couldn’t receive an otp at all. Tried spam, resending and everything but wouldn’t work.

I figured it could be because I have 2 emails and the one on the NDML KRA portal was different from my Zerodha console email. Hence, I have now applied for a rekyc.

Am I right in doing it? And if yes, would I be able to do the KRA verification too (without otp issues again) once my rekyc is processed by Zerodha?

My account has been put on hold, please help me out.

Yes, if you did rekyc via aadhaar, the details as on record with Zerodha are sent to KRA on the same day of approval, following which you can verify the email accordingly.

Hi,

I did the rekyc through the other option, not via aadhar as my aadhar card is linked to an old mobile number of mine. Will it still be alright?