Margin against Fixed Deposit and MF

Franklin India Liquid Fund

I bought axis on Monday . Received yesterday evening. Anyway wait for response from serndha.

Sorry zerodha

but did you try pledging?

I planned to pledge next month.

you may want to see if it appears in console - holdings as it doesn’t show me in list to pledge

Not showing in console.

for me also i buy franklin liquid fund , but its noy showing in console ,
but its already alloted in demat account , any problem in console holding page

yes, so does it mean that zerodha is not yet providing pledge feature for liquid funds…can zerodha pls explain…

request @nithin, @siva and @VenuMadhav to explain this

Hai @VenuMadhav,

In zerodha back office and i call directy but no body have an idea about liquid fund pledging , please help me sir, i already purchased but its not visible in console page how can i pledge please let me know

thanks

Please for Liquid funds is already live. Liquid funds will show up on the Console page with a 1 day delay, we are working on having this fixed. Once it shows on Console, it can be pledged. @faisr

2 Likes

@VenuMadhav @nithin @siva

This looks like a software glitch.

I got the liquid funds way before hence I was able to pledge the same from console. Yesterday pledged quantities were not visible I raised a support ticket for the same now it is resolved.

Thanks @nithin @siva @VenuMadhav

Now the P&L is showing incorrectly that logic needs to be tweaked.

If you notice, I had placed orders liquid fund orders on 16/9/2019 but those units are still now showing up on console.

I understand this is a new system… there are bound to be glitches in the initial few days. Please raise a support ticket and have it resolved.

Let us work with Zerodha in adopting this new system.

1 Like

@VenuMadhav Let’s assume there is 1 Lakh pledged liquid fund to maintain the positions. If there is MTM loss of 10K and there is no cash in the account. will you sell only 10K or entire holding? What is the action you’re going to take at RMS? Please elaborate. Thank you.

1 Like

Holdings to the tune of debit balance will be sold.

1 Like

Dear @VenuMadhav
first ofall giving a great thanks to zerodha allowing liquid fund pledging
I have some other mutual fund also like equity ,sectorial fund also , in future we can pledge these also if yes how long its will take

1 Like

Dear @VenuMadhav, @nithin,@siva, I had pledged HDFC liquid funds on Friday and the collateral is showing up in the stock component. I raised a ticket and got a reply that liquid funds are a part of stock component and not considered as cash equivalent. In this thread, zerodha team has said that it forms a part of cash component. Kindly clarify.

Done the line. For now, liquid and overnight funds.

That’s Liquidbees (ETF), which is considered as cash equivalent, not liquid funds.

First you guys need to sit and decide what is right !

VM1 has clearly replied it will be cash component. And now you are saying completely different

2 Likes