Margin against Fixed Deposit and MF

The fact that you took time out to say this on a platform started by Zerodha talks much of the belief you don’t have in Zerodha. Alhamdulillah

good tell , same for me my money want to work hard ,

@nithin @siva

Hello Nitin and Siva… Do we have any update on enabling mutual funds and GOI bonds for Margins.

Will start with liquid mutual funds very soon.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Waiting for this from long time

The following Liquid funds are being accepted towards margin:

6 Likes

This means zerodha started offering pledging of liquid funds?

I’ve updated the list of Liquid Mutual funds against which margins are being provided.

Thanks @nithin, @siva and @VenuMadhav for allowing liquid funds… This is a big step indeed!

Please also consider Gsec and Tbills for margins … they are the safest option for retail traders.

@VenuMadhav

Pledged liquid funds will be considered as cash equivalent or stock collateral ?

Is this already implemented? If so, do we still have to separately maintain 50% cash as liquid funds are supposed to be cash equivalent.

It forms part of the Cash component

One step at a time :slight_smile: With G-Secs, the interest calculation is tricky which we’re trying to incorporate.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s already live for the mentioned ISINs. These ISINs will be considered part of the cash component similar to Liquidbees, there’s no need to keep cash separately.

3 Likes

sir are you sure its live haircut please

Your long term ask is fulfilled by Zerodha…

Yes it is Live… Haircut is 10%

2 Likes

HA HA AH Really happy today thanks for zerodha ,

3 Likes

Add money market funds.

Great work Zerodha ! would be good if you can also add ultrashort term fund.

I’ve bought liquid fund 2 days back but still not showing up in console for me to pledge…is there any issue?

Which fund?