Margin against Fixed Deposit and MF

Any updates on equity funds pledging?
It may be worth starting SIPs in mid/small caps.

1 Like

…the name contains " super instituitonal" plan

@Bhuvan @siva
What are hurdles to provide MF pledging?. Any new SEBI circular is delaying the option?

Is really zerodha working on to provide MF pledging…

any banking or institution tie up required to do it…???

Shall we get any updates about Equity MF pledging??

2 Likes

We recently started allowing liquid mfs, next we are trying to add debt mf pledging, equity mf pledging may take sometime.

2 Likes

When you started to allow pledging liquid funds, they are giving meagre return. No benefits to investors. Even you started that service after big push from customers. You guys volunterly delaying.

1 Like

If you compare a liquid fund to a equity fund, of course the return will be low - by design.

Not sure what you meant.

No. There’s a reason for the delay is that it’s a complex process that we have to build from scratch. Like Siva suggested were are working on allowing pledging of more funds.

Thanks for the update.

You only get updates.:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

@siva @VenuMadhav
Any update on when can we pledge Gsec ?

This would be beneficial to Retail Investors with decent returns

Working on this.

1 Like

@siva any improvement to allow pledging moneymarket and debt fund

Not yet, next week likely we will allow bharath bond.

2 Likes

@nithin @siva when are you going to allow the pledge of equity mutual funds ?

Not in your lifetime.

1 Like

This will take more time.

I said that.

1 Like

@siva can you please allow debt mutual fund to pledge . when the market down we can get extra cushion in debt returns , even money market fund to be allowed in zerodha

Eventually, we will.

1 Like

@siva this kind of market our portfolio is in red , we need some cushion , you publishing about debt fund in finshot , i already invested in debt fund , please allow to pledge to trade , liquid fund return are going low 6 % , now its the hope in debt fund to makeup a returns in our portfolio , please consider , i hope you understand , and please ETA

Banks can give a FD receipt …will that work