Margin Calculator Issue?

Hi!
I was trying to find out margin for Nifty and Banknifty options. However, it seems, it is not working properly… It’s neither showing any strike price, nor the type (CE/PE) of option to buy or sell. Even for the Banknifty, it shows nothing… Just acts in weird way. Can anyone guide me if I’m doing any mistakes. Attaching screenshots for clear understanding.

It is working fine. Tap Reset, it should start working again.

1 Like

Thank you for your guidance… Now it is working absolutely fine… No words are enough to appreciate you all for your patience and untiring caring response to educating the whole Zerodha family members…
BTW… I could not find any weekly option to check margin… Say if I’m going to take any position in Nifty 13 Aug option I cannot calculate the margin for this option.
Again, while calculating the margin, I cannot understand whether this margin for intraday or Normal overnight position. Since Intraday margin by virtue, should be much lower than that of the Normal type…
Kindly clarify…

1 thing to notice:- this issue comes at night time daily.

Weekly Expiry Options aren’t available in Calculator.

The margins shown are for Overnight positions.

I couldn’t get your point… Could you please elaborate it?

I observed after 12night this calculator throws NAN.
May be in maintenance phase at night.

Ohh… thank you for throwing some light on the issue… You might be right… Anyways, by the help of the fellow members and especially the team Zerodha I sorted out the problems and everyday learning something new… Hats off you… Bro

1 Like