Mark Up - Analytics and Trading Journal for serious day traders

Are you a serious day trader? Do you analyse your own performance trying to find your trading edge? If you answered yes to these two questions then please do check out MarkUp. MarkUp watches your Zerodha account as you trade and gives you amazing post trade analysis and breakdowns like this -

or this

You can even take notes on each individual trade or zoom in to see your drawdowns/max profit on each trade so you can adjust your trading stop loss accordingly.

I built mark-up because when I got back into day trading after a long break I couldn’t find any serious journalling or trade analytics tools for Indian day traders and so I built this for myself. I found it useful so sharing with the larger community as. product designed for and by serious day traders.

MarkUp is very new so it only serves a very niche audience for now - day traders. If you aree a swing trader and want to see features like this built for you then please message me or leave a comment below.

Since MarkUp is new we’re in Beta and free for the first 20 users who sign up. I look forward to your feedback so I can make the product even better. I can be reached at [email protected] if you want to email me.

Lastly, MarkUp has read-only access to your Zerodha account so you needn’t worry about us executing trades on your behalf :slight_smile:

So see you here → https://mark-up.in Simply log in with your Zerodha account and you’ll be on your way. If you need any help DM me or email [email protected]

Hello,
thanks to everyone who signed up and gave MarkUp a spin. The learnings from this and from speaking with many of you have been invaluable. Over the past few days I’ve rolled out a bunch of improvements with many more on the way. Here’s a small list

First of all, there were issues around the calculations shown on the home page. This has mostly been fixed. We have now started downloading your positions from Zerodha and using those to show you your M2M and booked profit.

image.png

the headline P&L is the booked P&L. I will be adding calculations for unrealised P&L on the headline as well.

THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR DAYS BEFORE TODAY (Zerodha doesn’t store this information after the day ends)

Multi Day Trade Support

One of the first assumptions to be invalidated was that day traders always close out their positions at the end of the day. You’ll be happy to note that MarkUp now supports multi day trades.

For example, the below trade started on 1st July and ended on 3rd.

image.png

I’ll soon be adding support to show the entire trade duration on a multi day chart.

Review your raw trade data

image.png

You can now see and review your raw trade data using a link on the menu to verify if your uploads worked or not.

Faster site

Upgraded the infra and did some optimisations to make the site speed better.

Coming soon

Apart from the stuff above, I’ll soon be doing the following

• P&L and trade analytics per instrument or per instrument type (futures, options, equity)

• RoI calculations - I’ll be downloading daily margin requirements from Zerodha, calculating your deployed margin and showing you RoI per instrument or instrument type

• Better display for open trades - currently changing the way trades are marked up on the chart to show trades that are still open.

• More speed improvements

Look forward to seeing many more of you on the site.

Just to remind you that MarkUp is free for life if you sign up in the beta program and help me build the trading analytics and journalling software for India. Sign up here -> https://mark-up.in