MCX-launches new index series on commodity futures

MCX launches new index series on commodity futures

By: PTI |

New Delhi | Published: December 23, 2019 5:15:32 PM

The new index series consists of a composite index, sectoral indices and single commodity indices, the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) said in a statement.

MCX, index series, commodity futures, market newsBesides, single-commodity indices have been launched in four commodities — gold, silver, copper and crude oil.

Leading commodity bourse MCX on Monday launched a new index series, MCX iCOMDEXTM, on commodity futures. A commodity index is an investment vehicle that tracks a basket of commodities to measure their price and investment return performance. The new index series consists of a composite index, sectoral indices and single commodity indices, the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) said in a statement. The composite index consists of eleven liquid futures contracts across different segments traded on MCX, while two sector indices are launched focusing on bullion and base metals.

1 Like

@nithin, @siva can you please confirm how its will work , same like nifty they have a option also , how its will work can you please briefly explain

There is no future yet on this, just an spot index, once future is released we can start trading on this. Trading should be similar to trading on any index unless they mention otherwise.

1 Like

I just saw the advertising on the television that mcx icomdex laubched and is running successfully .

Can someone pls tell me how do i trade / participate in the icomdex?