Merger of Equitas Holdings Limited with Equitas Small Finance Bank

After receiving approval for the reverse merger of Equitas Holdings Limited into Equitas Small Finance Bank on January 17, 2023. Equitas Holdings has set February 03, 2023, as the record date to determine the shareholders who will be eligible to receive the shares of Equitas Small Finance Bank.

As a result, the shares of Equitas Holdings will be suspended from trading from February 3, 2022, onwards and you will not be able to see these in holdings on Kite. As per the scheme of arrangement, shareholders of Equitas Holdings will receive 231 shares of Equitas Small Finance Bank for every 100 shares held in Equitas Holdings. You can check the announcement here.

While any fractional entitlements will be cash-settled and the amount will be directly credited to your primary bank account.

When will I receive shares of Equitas Small Finance Bank?

The credit of shares can take between 30 - 45 days from the record date. You’ll receive an email from CDSL once the shares are credited to your demat account.

When will the allotted shares start trading on the exchanges?

After the credit of Equitas Small Finance Bank shares, the company will have to take approval from the exchanges to list and start trading in the newly allotted securities.

What will be the average price for allotted shares of Equitas Small Finance Bank?

The average price of allotted Equitas Small Finance Bank shares will be calculated as follows: Invested value in Equitas Holdings / The number of Equitas Small Finance Bank shares received including fractional shares.

For example, if you had invested in 100 shares of Equitas Holdings at a price of Rs. 100, the invested value will be Rs. 100,00.

If you receive 231 shares of Equitas Small Finance Bank, the average price will be Rs. 43.29 (10,000 / 231).

The fractional shares are cash settled, and the amount for these will be directly credited to your primary bank account as and when the trustee appointed by the company sells the shares.

When will I receive the amount for fractional entitlement?

If there is any fractional entitlement, the equivalent amount will be directly credited to your primary bank account after the trustee appointed by the company sells the shares

What if I hold less than 100 shares of Equitas Holdings?

Even if you hold less than 100 shares of Equitas Holdings, you will receive an allotment of Equitas Small Finance shares.

For example, if you hold 10 shares of Equitas Holdings, your allotment comes at 23.1 shares (10 x 23.1). 23 shares will be credited to your demat account. 0.1 will be fractional and the amount for this will be credited to your primary bank account.

3 Likes

No, you’re not in loss. You’re getting shares of Equitas SFB for 21.45 while the CMP is 53.65, so your investment will be in profit of Rs. 32.2 per share, not loss.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

could you please let me know,i have EH share (742 share @113.30),how many shares will i get ??

100 EH is now 231 Equitas small finance bank , awaiting allotment and listing approval …for your 742 EH you will get 1714 shares of ESFB plus cash credit of 0.2 fractional share .

Hi, can anyone tell how is the tax calculated in case of merger? Some shares of equitas holding are more than 1 yr old and some are less than one yr old. I’ve planned to exit 50% on the date of listing which is probably in March. Will everything be counted as STCG if I sell it in March?

your date of purchase of Equitas holding will matter…if one year old LT will apply even if you sell ESFB on listing date…

Well I hope that’s the case because I am using valueresearchonline for tracking portfolio, and in its tax report it is counting everything as STCG in unrealised gains. I first added equitas holding shares into my portfolio by its buy date properly and used it’s option to update merger details.

@Quicko Can you help?

Sir,. Today Equitas bank shares credited to my demat account, in lieu of Equitas holdings. Shall we sell the same today?

Sir, Please confirm we are in order if sold today?. Is it being listed today?

Yes, these shares are listing on the exchanges today. If you wish to, you can sell these.

1 Like

Ok Sir. Thank you.

Hi @typhoon,

For determining Period of Holding of Shares FIFO(First in First Out) Method is used, meaning thereby the shares purchased first will be sold first. If the shares are held for more than 12 months it is considered as LTCG and if they are held for less than 12 months it is considered as STCG.

Hope this clarifies!

I have still not received my shares after the merger. What should I do ?

1 Like

If you’ve not received the shares yet, it is best to reach out to the RTA of the company. You can get RTA details here.