Midcap index outperformance over nifty at 20 year highs

Source : The Nifty Midcap index outperformance over the Nifty 50 is set to be the highest in 20 years

This is generally considered a good sign when nifty is consolidating while the broader market is doing well.

We all saw the 2004-7 bull run, another bull run in small n midcaps between 2014 to early 2018

But we also saw market topping out in 2021 when such outperformance in broader market was seen.

While both of the scenarios are possible as always in markets, this is a good sign as cash market volumes have surged drastically by 50% on a monthly basis in BSE segment while NSE saw flat growth of 3%.

BSE’s cash volumes are at 30 month highs indicating the underlying bullishness in broader markets.

Your expectation and thoughts for the rest of the year?

1 Like

Yes you are right, Midcap 100 gap is widening.

1 Like

Did you consider only August month or it’s just a coincidence that it always outperforms in august only?

There has been a big rally in nifty microcap index, so money is flowing in small and microcap space .A correction is pending

I think they have taken YTD till august for all years for comparison sake with 2023

1 Like

Nifty Midcap RSI now at 15 year peaks

Time to be cautious. Not a shorting advice. But fresh longs here are risky

Time for large caps to take it forward from here? 20k. 20k. :grimacing::grimacing:

Muh me ghee shakkar Jason bro (I hope ur words are true. )

1 Like

Personally I do not want 20k before going to 19k. Hahahaha. I have not loaded enough yet. :sweat_smile:

Don’t worry dude, either a crash or a very long consolidation will happen. But since consolidation mean there will be a strong buy/selling spree at the end of it, a crash seems only sanest here.

And on what basis are you saying this?

The whole world is in debt and our markets are not technically correct.

So what should be the right value of nifty according to you?

I can not say that. Technically debt means there’s no money, so realistically ground-level zero for US and other countries shall rid the dependence on USD to save what’s left of theirs. How much borrowing can happen when there’s no money?
Ideally the world shall have 2 to 4 more crash/recessions after current one to settle the transition to the fake money.

That doesn’t mean we are overvalued. All that you have mentioned is already priced in.

From where I see, we are undervalued. I would buy every dip that I would get.

Again opinions differ. Personally I want a dip and I hope you are right. May be we will get 15k again. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I know it’s factored in, I said even after then it’s not alright. US is the center as reserve currency and they run by borrowing, when they’ll end with crude oil exhaustion, the whole world would run for cover and debt would have to be repaid to all. The rich-poor gap will become so significant, plain numbers of money won’t matter. Right now is just a single step to that. I just wanted to detail the political perspective, it can be different from yours and everyone else’ perspective. Chills!

P.S. If debt is not repaid, World War 3 can occur. Since it’s mostly America losing everything, it’s very likely it will, therefore in order to avoid that, debt would be repaid and all the countries would come to peace that way. The fakeness of currency is literally sustained all the world over by America.

Nothing will happen man. Chill. :grimacing:

I have evidence of it. Just can not share.

Its better you dont share, otherwise people will start calling you “planned attack on india growth story” on twitter. Look at whats happening with hindenburg & occrp

1 Like

Ignorance is bliss. :sunglasses: