Migration from old pledge to the new pledge mechanism

This is from the approved list of securities from the Clearing Corporation.

Hi can you add names for the mutual funds which are under cash component for approved list of securities on the following link:

very difficult to understand

Supposed I bought 100 shares of xyz company at 500 2 yr back and pledge them for margin. Now 2 months back same company stock around 600 say I buy 50 shares. This 50 shares are in my holding.
Now if I sell 50 shares which shares would be sold one that have been bought at 500 or that which I bought at 600?
on this sell — short term capital gain or long term capital gain ?
in this case — how FIFO apply ?
please answer

Yeah, will change in coming days.

Check this file:

Process followed to capture MF names in the above file

1. Visit AMFI website for https://www.amfiindia.com/spages/NAVOpen.txt to “save” the file as text file;
  2. Open the txt file in Excel;
  3. Use Excel’s delimiter as “Semicolon” to separate the columns;
  4. Use VLOOKUP, “LOOKUP” value as ISIN from the file shared by Zerodha and save the MF names in your new file.
5 Likes

I have made a copy to incorporate the Scheme Names for Mutual Funds.

@siva Would be happy to give you edit access to check the formulas and update the master file at your end. After which I would remove this one.

2 Likes

Thanks @siva and @ShubhS9. How long does it take to unpledge? I had put unpledge request in console yesterday morning. It is still not showing in Kite holdings.

If you place pledge request before 2 PM, the stock is available for trading the next day. Request you to raise ticket at support.zerodha.com

I have given Unpledge request on 1st Sept, til now Shares are not unpledged

Also, shares which were unpledged on 31st Aug, were available in KITE on 1st Sept, But are not showing up now.

Please advice.

Request you to raise ticket on support.zerodha.com

Hi . Ticket raised yesterday [#20200902370247]
Please resolve. I need to sell them urgently.

@Nakul Can you.

Is that active now. So I can pledge ?

The new pledge system? Yes, it is live.

1 Like

Ty zerodha team.

Hey @ShubhS9 @VenuMadhav !

I pledged my shares through the CDSL website on Friday and got my margins on Monday and everything is fine.

But the article that you published on 21th July states that we will be able to see our pledged holdings in kite holdings segment under pledged holdings.

But i cannot see anything in my kite holdings.

Also, once you bring out the mechanism to sell pledged shares without unpledging, we need to be able to see them in our kite holdings.

Please clarify.

No, pledged holdings are not available on kite, only on console one can see for now.

Had placed one unpledge request on Sep 02 and another one yesterday at 11am. Both are not showing in Holdings. Have raised a ticket.

Hey @Venkat_K, your unpledge request placed could not been processed due to an issue at the depositories and clearing corporation in light of the implementation of the new pledge process. The unpledged securities have not yet been released from pledge in your demat account.

We are following up with the depository and the clearing corporation to have this issue fixed at the earliest. This should be fixed by this coming Monday. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused.

Hey @Karthik_Mahadevan, the issue is with the depository and the CC being unable to release the pledged securities. We’re following up with them to have this resolved at the earliest. We’re expecting the issue to be solved by Monday. You can place a fresh unpledge request at the end of day today, which we’ll try and process on Monday at 2 PM. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused.