Minor UI glitch with interchangeability of exchange feature

I have noticed that instruments/securities that have different symbols on the two exchanges (NSE & BSE) don’t show the suitcase symbol (with the count of units held) in either one of the exchange’s symbol when both are added together in the watchlist. Instruments/Securities with the same symbols on both the exchanges don’t face this issue when they are added together in the watchlist.

I first noticed this issue with Government securities (as can be seen in the screenshot in this thread - Question about G-Secs showing up in Holdings tab - #6 by Prayag). But I have also noticed this with stocks that have been added to BE series (screenshot below). Likely this issue will happen in every case where the symbol of the instruments/securities differs between the two exchanges.

Suitcase-Symbol-Missing

This is a minor issue in the sense that it doesn’t affect the interchangeability functionality as we can still sell the instruments/securities in either of the exchange (I have at least tested this for the government securities)

Yeah, if name is different it won’t show on both exchanges for now, but can sell on any.

1 Like