Misrepresentation

Ok, don’t know how you jumped to this conclusion.

2 Likes

How do you report it when there no sender number visible?
These messages are usually in the form of “BT-xyz”

1 Like

Download the Trai DND app from the Playstore/App Store. Choose the ‘Report SMS UCC’ option to report such messages.

2 Likes

Please go through my previous/ old post about this kind of messages, i have 2 mobile numbers , but i am getting spam messages only on mobile number , which is linked to my Zerodha trading account /Demat account. i tried to complain previously “TRAI” Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) , https://pgportal.gov.in , simply all are waste !!!

1 Like

Did you join to any groups using that number ?

1 Like

No , i never do that , be careful about scammers!!!

1 Like

I never receive any phone or message on share market may be because my phone is DND plus i do not do F&O but yesterday on 30 September 2019 at 8.05 pm ,got similar message from BT-ZRODHA ?
@nithin @siva @Bhuvan

You can report it using the DND app

1 Like

I got such message yesterday ( i never ever get from any so called financial adviser) and i am not zerodha client .

My cell no is already on DND since last many years hence i never get any such marketing call or message but yesterday i got first time in years !

I got means the data theft /purchase is from somewhere else as i am not Zerodha client but from the heading /title it is clear that the sender wants to use the goodwill /brand image of Zerodha .

Happens with all brokers.

Not everyone is comfortable allowing access to apps such as TRAI’s DND, even more so recently where a lot of private information has been easily available for misuse.

1 Like

Look at the message I got today. I am sure this is some spam group trying to collect our information or want to trick us to buy their services.

But point to remember is the server name with they send me SMS “BTZROHDA” looks liye it’s from zerodha if you don’t pay attention.

2 Likes

@siva @VenuMadhav can you create a thread here so that person receiving these kind of messages can post details here and someone from Zerodha can complaint in DND or elsewhere because everyone is not tech savvy and has knowledge or willingness to report these number.

1 Like

Zerodha cannot file a complaint on behalf of the person who has received the SMS. We’ve started this campaign: https://fightstocktips.zerodha.com/ to bring awareness amongst people and to guide them on what they have to do to curb this menace.

I am receiving SMS from:

BT-ZRODHA

Saying:

100% SAFE MULTI-BAGGER Stock Advice

• Sure Shot INTRA-DAY Tips

• NEWS BASED JACKPOTT Stocks

• JOIN FREE - Register Your NAME & NUMBER on www.MidcapGains.com

Just want some actions against this if it’s a fraud,
If it’s really from zerodha then: why are they doing this?

1 Like

I have incurred a huge loss due to this MidcapGains.in from Zerodha

From zerodha?