Motilal Oswal - Temporary Suspension of Lumpsum Investments

The AMC has suspended new lumpsum investments into the following schemes, owing to SEBI regulations (Notice) -

• Motilal Oswal S&P 500 Index Fund
  • Motilal Oswal MSCI EAFE Top 100 Select Index Fund
  • Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund of Fund

I understand SIPs running through Coin are not AMC SIPs, are there any workarounds for me to be able to continue running my SIPs?

I’d like to know this too. It is absurd that there is a limit set by SEBI for overseas mutual fund investments.

Looks like my SIP’s got deleted as well for this fund ! Waiting for the response from Zerodha support

@Bhuvan

Why SIP also cancelled for the above mutual funds…

Just got a SIP registration alert mail from BSE Star MF. Looks like opened Coin while they were doing a backend migration of SIPs

Clearing out some air here to avoid any confusion. Now, Motilal Oswal AMC has suspended lump sum investments in 3 schemes, namely:

• Motilal Oswal S&P 500 Index Fund

• Motilal Oswal MSCI EAFE Top 100 Select Index Fund

• Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund of Fund

Since there are multiple cases here, breaking down the actions we’ve taken.

1. Paused SIPs have been deleted: We’ve sent out an email regarding this. We’ve deleted the paused SIPs; you can now register an AMC SIP if you wish to invest further in the same fund.

2. Weekly, fortnightly, and quarterly SIPs deleted: You will only be able to create monthly SIPs for now.

3. Monthly active SIPs with no initial investments: A few clients have started SIPs with no initial investments. These SIPs have been deleted.

4. Conditional SIP orders deleted: Since the lump sum investments have been suspended in these 3 schemes, all conditional orders become invalid now.

5. Monthly SIPs deleted and new AMC SIPs registered on BSE Star MF: For those of you who had monthly active SIPs (having completed at least one order), we’ve deleted these SIPs and registered AMC SIPs with same amount and the preferred date.

As the lumpsum investments are now not allowed in the above funds, you can place AMC SIP orders. You can learn more on AMC SIP here.

In any case, I strongly recommend you check your email as there are multiple cases here. In case of any confusion, you can reach out to us on the Support Portal. @Neelesh and the MF team will look into this.

5 Likes

@Esha & @Neelesh, I had a query regarding this for which I had raised a ticket in the morning. Received an automated generic reply the same instant the ticket was raised, not answering the question which I’d asked, but since the ticket status was still showing as ‘open’ till market closing, I thought to give some more time. But now, I’m seeing the ticket has been closed with no further response. Please check, ticket no: #20220117901162

@Nithin, what’s the point of raising a ticket if ultimately I’ve to again raise the issue here on this forum to get the matter checked!? Not the first time this is happening…

Regret the inconvenience here, the email sent out from BSE StAR MF consists of the unique SIP registration number (which is Star MF and AMC specific). The units for subsequent SIP orders will be credited under the same folio number and ISIN in your Zerodha Demat Account.

Hi, I am not able to invest even through an AMC SIP

MO has stopped taking AMC SIP inflows for these funds.

Thanks for the information. What is the next best way to invest in that case?

Could you please share relevant links from official announcements?

It seems even my AMC SIP order was not even initiated for this month

Official Link - https://www.motilaloswalmf.com/CMS/assets/uploads/Documents/1b9db-pausing-systematic-investment-plan-sip-and-systematic-transfer-plan-stp-of-designed-schemes-of-momf.pdf

@Shashank_Kala It was posted in the following thread - Everything you need to know about restrictions on new investments in international mutual funds and ETFs - #112 by ShubhS9

I have personally started buying MON100 & MOQ50 as ETF.