MOTIVATION, THOUGHTs & WARNINGs for GREATER GOOD

“Only invest what you could afford to lose without that loss having any effect on your daily life in foreseeable future.” — Peter Lynch, One Up On Wall Street

Slow%20Eco%201

I love Agile development. I’m upgrading the rules (for posting) for this thread/topic here, because I’m unable to edit (pen icon vanished) my first post of this thread/topic (reason: 1 month of time passed after the initial posting).

Upgraded & appended rules:(MOTIVATION, THOUGHTs & WARNINGs for GREATER GOOD)

1. You can post quotations written on nice images which conveys more information. Also, you can add an explanatory image alongside your posted quotation/comment to support the idea.
  1. To overcome the above problem:
    It is suggested that you resize/compress the size (please, try to keep it below 50KB) of the image to make it mobile friendly, data balance saving & server space saving.
  2. Everyone is important. Anyone (investor/trader/speculator) can freely debate/discuss/clarify on any quote already posted here. Let us brainstorm on ideas (quotes).

Note:

1. You are free to honour or not to honour the rules (created for this thread/topic), but in both the cases you will expose your personality (good/bad) to the public. So, be careful.
  2. Posting/replying rules improvement suggestions/discussions will be highly appreciated & honoured.

Wish you a very happy investing, trading & speculating journey for the coming new financial year (Indian).

Yes things are really interesting now

1 Like

https://tradingqna.com/t/stock-market-humor/27832/483?u=rajibldr

2 Likes

What is your age , any problem in your immune ? who so much fear about corona ?

1 Like

Because of the following facts of COVID-19 infection (last updated on 2020-4-30):

1. Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25°C degrees DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
    You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is.

2. You can recover from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Catching the new coronavirus DOES NOT mean you will have it for life.
    Most of the people who catch COVID-19 can recover and eliminate the virus from their bodies.

3. Being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort DOES NOT mean you are free from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or any other lung disease.
    The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are dry cough, tiredness and fever. Some people may develop more severe forms of the disease, such as pneumonia.

4. Drinking alcohol does not protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous.
    Frequent or excessive alcohol consumption can increase your risk of health problems.

5. COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates.
    From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather.

6. Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the new coronavirus.
    There is no reason to believe that cold weather can kill the new coronavirus or other diseases.

7. Taking a hot bath does not prevent the new coronavirus disease.
    Taking a hot bath will not prevent you from catching COVID-19.

8. The new coronavirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
    To date there has been no information nor evidence to suggest that the new coronavirus could be transmitted by mosquitoes.

9. Are hand dryers effective in killing the new coronavirus?
    No. To protect yourself against the new coronavirus, you should frequently clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Once your hands are cleaned, you should dry them thoroughly by using paper towels or a warm air dryer.

10. Can an ultraviolet disinfection lamp kill the new coronavirus?
    UV lamps should not be used to sterilize hands or other areas of skin as UV radiation can cause skin irritation and damage your eyes.

11. How effective are thermal scanners in detecting people infected with the new coronavirus?
    Fever detector. However, they cannot detect people who are infected but are not yet sick with fever. This is because it takes between 2 to 10 days before people who are infected become sick and develop a fever.

12. Can spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body kill the new coronavirus?
    No. Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body will not kill viruses that have already entered your body.

13. Do vaccines against pneumonia protect you against the new coronavirus?
    No. Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib) vaccine, do not provide protection against the new coronavirus.

14. Can regularly rinsing your nose with saline help prevent infection with the new coronavirus?
    No. There is no evidence to date.

15. Can eating garlic help prevent infection with the new coronavirus?
    No evidence till now.

16. Does the new coronavirus affect older people, or are younger people also susceptible?
    People of all ages can be infected by the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

17. Are antibiotics effective in preventing and treating the new coronavirus?
    No, antibiotics do not work against viruses, only bacteria.

18. Are there any specific medicines to prevent or treat the new coronavirus?
    To date, there is NO specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

19. 5G mobile networks DO NOT spread COVID-19.
    Viruses cannot travel on radio waves/mobile networks. COVID-19 is spreading in many countries that do not have 5G mobile networks.

20. Drinking methanol, ethanol or bleach DOES NOT prevent or cure COVID-19 and can be extremely dangerous.
    Methanol, ethanol, and bleach are poisons. Drinking them can lead to disability and death.

21. Spraying and introducing bleach or another disinfectant into your body WILL NOT protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous.
    Do not under any circumstance spray or introduce bleach or any other disinfectant into your body. These substances can be poisonous if ingested and cause irritation and damage to your skin and eyes.

22. COVID-19 IS NOT transmitted through houseflies.
    To date, there is no evidence or information to suggest that the COVID-19 virus transmitted through houseflies.

23. Adding pepper to your soup or other meals DOES NOT prevent or cure COVID-19.
    Hot peppers in your food, though very tasty, cannot prevent or cure COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself against the new coronavirus is to keep at least 1 metre away from others and to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. It is also beneficial for your general health to maintain a balanced diet, stay well hydrated, exercise regularly and sleep well.

24. There are currently no drugs licensed for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.
    While several drug trials are ongoing, there is currently no proof that hydroxychloroquine or any other drug can cure or prevent COVID-19. The misuse of hydroxychloroquine can cause serious side effects and illness and even lead to death.

Source (WHO): Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Myth busters

Please, see above point 16.

No.
I do regular physical exercises (@ my simple home Gym) & calm down myself often by regular practicing of Meditation (Silent Yoga). I’m 95% vegetarian. I’m a non-smoker & non-drinker.
But, I should not become overconfident over my immune system, before COVID-19’s unknown strengths. If I do not give COVID-19 proper respect for its strengths, then it should be considered as my ego. And then, that ego will kill me along with many others. I should not forget the proverb: “Prevention is better than cure.”

1 Like

Try to be positive as well as take precautions. In the above post you sounded little worried or disturbed which all are at this time but worrying didn’t solve it .Keep required precautions and believe that everything will eventually be fine.

1 Like

Leo%20Buscaglia%20Change
Leo Buscaglia

Robin%20Sharma%20Quote
Robin Sharma

Charlie%20Munger%20Quote%20I%20am%20right1
Charlie Munger

Share%20Investing%20Mantra%20Peter%20Lynch
Peter Lynch

1 Like

To the new members. Never give up no mtter how hard things get. Tought times do not last, tough people do. I know that you have heard of the fact that many people fail in trading. Do not let fact discourage you. As much as people fail, there are still some people that are successful. These people did not take it to heart and stayed strong the whole time that they joined. Not everyine is fit for this kind of business but there are those who are and it may be you. You will never know unless you try. Finally rembember to stay up to date with what is going on in your trade market. Being in the know will help you to avoid unnecessary losses that may make you want to quit.

1 Like

Charlie Munger

4 Likes

Robert%20Kiyosaki%20Quote%201

2 Likes

“Invest in as much of yourself as you can, you are your own biggest asset by far”
_Warren Buffett

1 Like

“Seek wealth, not money or status. Wealth is having assets that earn while you sleep. Money is how we transfer time and wealth. Status is your place in the social hierarchy”
_Naval Ravikant

2 Likes

Henry%20Ford%20Quote%20about%20Learning1
Biography of Henry Ford

1 Like

Benjamin%20Graham%20Quote%20about%20Companies1

1 Like

Willam%20Blake%20Quote%20about%20Imagination1
William Blake

What-I-learned

1 Like