Whenever I go through suffering, I often start reading great persons quotes & life histories. While reading I discover every time that my sufferings are little compared to those great persons suffered in their life. This reading habit also guides me to think & act correctly.
My motive behind the topic/thread:
I love to grow trees. A tree cannot become big & huge without its leaves & roots. Here a tree, as a whole, should be compared with any system/organization/country which wants to become big & huge. Leaves & roots are important constituents (i.e. participants) of that system.
Rules should be honored while posting/replying to this topic/thread:
- Any participant, in a day, should not post multiple (conceptually different) quotations grouped together in a single reply/post. Instead, post one quotation (based on one concept) and its explanations (if required), in a day. Next day, reply-with/post another quotation, and so on.
- Avoid repeated posting of exactly the same quotation (of the same great person). Avoid plagiarism, always mention/refer/cite who originally said that quotation (except for self-quotes).
- Please, prefer to post quotations in text only format by mentioning original authors/speakers always.
Reasons behind those above rules:
a) I have a stock of more than one thousand quotations (of great persons). Now, if I mention all of my stocked quotations in a single post, the following will happen:
- Many people will not read (& deeply think about it) all the quotes at one go. Everyone needs some time to digest/understand some thought.
- Other people who are willing to help others in this way (through great persons quotations), may not get a chance to post/reply, because his/her favorite quotations have already got posted by someone else.
- As no other new posts will come, so this topic/thread will go to the very backside of this community. Not everyone goes to read the very old posts. As a result a less number of people will be helped by those quotations.
b) Though I know images conveys more information than only texts (Ref). But, posting quotations in text only format will reduce hosting server’s load remarkably. Our replies should not create a burden on website owners.
Copyright of the quotations of the great persons belongs to the respective original authors/speakers. I always mention/refer/cite them.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for." — Socrates