MTF(Margin Trading Facility)

Got it, thanks

any progress on this ?

1 Like

Yes, we are very close to release it out for beta soon.

2 Likes

Any progress on this? I mean itā€™s been an unending wait for years with the same generic reply. Things brightened up when beta release was supposed to be rolled out 2 months ago, but again weā€™re back to the same generic response of ā€œcanā€™t give a clear timeframeā€ on twitter.

So is there any concrete plan on beta release which ought to have happened by now? Or are we going to be treated with the ā€œin a few days / weeks / monthsā€ kind of stonewalling?

3 Likes

Internal beta is on; this is a snapshot of a sample ledger for trades carried out. Weā€™ll announce an external beta before making it available to all users.

MIIs have been working on a project of file standardization for stock brokers & DPs. There was a lot of back and forth before depositories pushed a hard deadline for DPs to implement these formats. Since these processes are so intertwined, the external beta got delayed.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand why ppl are pushing Zerodha so hard to release MTF, and keep on chasing for it.

If they are taking time to do their testing and required compliances, to ensure seamless experience for their clients when it will go live, I think that is in the traderā€™s best interest only. If there will be glitches later on, the same ppl will come back and start accusing.

Also, I think traders should focus only on profits rather than their preference for platforms, there are so many brokers providing MTF that everyone can use.

MTF does not require fancy features to trade, and technical analysis can be done free of cost on many applications.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not pushing zerodha hard for MTF, itā€™s seeking clarity on the subject. If youā€™ve been following this space, zerodha has been promising to launch MTF ā€œsoonā€ for several years now.

Itā€™s absolutely fine if zerodha comes out and says that they have no plans for introducing MTF, then everyone can make their own informed choice on whether to migrate to another platform that offers MTF.

The only ask is that zerodha be clear and consistent in communication of their plans, whatever their plans are.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great news! Hope external beta is also launched soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see progress on the MTF front. I have just opened a new account with Zerodha just for this and in process to transfer all my family accounts.

One feedback to team Zerodha, @VenuMadhav @nithin is also to consider the margins from the pledge of MFs and Equities towards MTF position. Mostly my style is swing trading ONLY when we spot opportunities, maybe 2-3 times a month.

F&O trading against pledge margins is risky as I canā€™t control my position sizing and risk management, but MTF trading against pledge margins (MF, Stocks) I can control my position sizing and risk management. Thanks!

Initially we may not able to but once everything is sorted we will evaluate this, so can take sometime.

@siva Thanks for the clarification. Just to be clear, MF & Equities margins from both these pledges needs to be considered. MFs are even safer for margins due to low volatility.

If I may ask, after the launch of MTF, when would this evaluation happen? Like after 6 months or so or more than that? Like allowing pledge margins too.

I canā€™t give you any timeline for this. Will update for any new developments.

1 Like

Welcome back to TradingQnA @thisisbanerjee :smiley:

1 Like

Zerodha offering MTF and later on MTF against MF and stock pledge. What else do we need. :wink: Besides everybody loves a simple functional UI. @Champion_Trader

1 Like

Hi @siva , @Arockiya_Raja ,please consider the following MTF features suggestions :

1. Enable GTT for MTF Orders also
  2. MTF pledge link inside KITE like we have for Tpin incase we sell our holdings
  3. Holdings Pledge Link in kite( Like console)
2 Likes

Hey, MTF pledge is going away from Oct 01 14. Refer this

Noted

Thanks @VenuMadhav

@VenuMadhav @siva I really hope when the MTF facility is launched, weā€™ll be able to execute orders for the same as well as place GTT orders via Kite API.

Is it mandatory to close MTF positions before monthly/Quarterly payout?