Much Needed Feature COIN

I can say the same about you.

I think you are new to the internet and forums.

Understand that you don’t own the forum and you can’t tell others what they can do or not.

Regarding

This is true. I never claimed or forced anyone to live by my views. Its only my opinion and if you don’t like it , don’t say anything about it. Just move on.

Who are you to judge if my thoughts are wrong or correct?

Clearly you are a newbie and you must learn from other experienced people on the forums.

You think you can just watch some comparisons and make investment decisions. Do you really think its that simple? There is reason why everyone says to read the scheme document carefully.

Scheme document is the only up to date source of information. The sites cannot keep up to date information since the scheme goals change periodically and the data changes EVERYDAY. This is one reason its a bad idea to look at these sites for investment decisions. They have out of date information.

if you are visual person, no one is stopping you to take all the data and make it in a visual form to understand better , but relying on these site is a bad idea for reasons stated above.

Going forward ,you don’t like me or my posts, just block me and you won’t see my posts.

And lastly don’t tell others on forums what they can and can’t do.

Would be nice to have the benchmark comparisons with each fund.

@siva @Nakul please upgrade a coin website its so long its pending , please bring feature like SWP in mutual fund

Can you @Bhuvan

@Bhuvan any update on coin platform

@siva @ShubhS9 COIN platform is not updating the NAV still its showing friday NAV only

Hi, would request you to raise a ticket at support.zerodha.com, team will have this checked.

1 Like

@nithin sir still long years coin platform is not updated like others in peers , there is no such information in coin platform are you seriously working on coin platform updating or not please reply sir give ETA

We’ve had to deal with a lot of delays to due to regulatory issues. But lIke I mentioned the first step - we’re revamping Coin web and will be out soon. Post that we’ll add some of the most requested features.

2 Likes

@Bhuvan, @nithin the message one gets from such discussions is that Zerodha has no plans or ambitions for COIN to really go beyond a platform to make MF investments and check their current net worth, nothing else. Basically, for everything else, one should look elsewhere. And pray educate, how else people elect MFs to invest in, unless it is based on past performance ? MFs are passive investment and you cannot expect investors to perform fundamental analysis of the MF holdings, track fund manager performance, changes etc. This is where the value of sites who provide star-ratings, risk-meters, various ratios come in handy. OTOH, I can completely understand, that Zerodha would prefer to put it’s investment in ares which give significant returns. However, I hope that Zerodha is mindful of competition, since some discount brokers some are beginning to evolve MF centric investing and portfolio management by offering richer (if not full) service.

Us not providing star ratings or other data points has nothing to do with the perceived ambitions for Coin. We don’t have star returns because they re pointless and do a lot of hard to investors. Star returns are just based on past returns and that doesn’t tell you much if you see it graphically. A better measure probably would be rolling returns.

Having said, we won’t just fill fund pages with 100s of data points, most investors aren’t’ equipped for that. We are working on adding data points that actually make a difference when discovering funds. There were a few regulatory changes which were expecting which delayed the revamp of Coin.

1 Like

Thanks @Bhuvan. Star-ratings and risk’o-meters, AFAIK have no universal standards for their computation, but reflection of the results from some credible mathematical model. However, the underlying ask is simplified but robust recommendation system, with caveats that can be explained, and therefore used by investors. Hopefully the regulatory changes do not take forever.

1 Like

ALL Star ratings are based on past returns - that’s the case everywhere. And we’ve seen spectacular issues in funds that had 10K+ crores of AUM that were 5 star rated. Relying on star ratings has always been a recipe for disater.

Riskomters have been standardized after a recent SEBI circular and we already show that on Coin.

This is advisory and we won’t do random recommendations just for the sake of recommending something. I mean it’s good for us because we can increase the AUM but bad for clients :slight_smile: Pointless recommendations are one of the reasons why less than 20-30% of investors stay invested in equity mutual funds after 5 years, which is nothing.

So, our reluctance to fill Coin page with fancy data points and stars is more of a desire to help investors focus on important things than a lack of perceived focus to the platform :slight_smile: But we are figuring something on the advisory part.

2 Likes

Thanks Bhuvan. Appreciate your patience and transparency.

Had missed the fact that riskometers had been standardized by SEBI. Eagerly looking forward to the advisory services. Would it be fair to assume that this would be an additional premium service ?

If you don’t mind, may I ask 1-2 instances where funds with 10K+ AUM and 5 star rating have had issues ? You can anonymize the rating source, but keen to understand what kind of issues were seen. I’ve been following Value-Research for over 10 years and so far never had issues.

Nothing concrete yet.

Franklin funds, pretty much all the credit risk funds that got into trouble.

1 Like

Thanks again. Your responsiveness is stellar.

I should’ve guessed Franklin :slight_smile:, and yes I agree that purely past-performance and AUM alone, is a poor factor. What is interesting is list of the right indications that retail investors should’ve watched out for instead.

@Bhuvan
can we tagging the feature on the coin platform also as we have in the console?
I have 3 sips for ELSS, 2 SIP’s for my child education,4 SIP’s for my retirement.
if we can get this divided into the different sections.
is this possible?

Will look into this but since Console has all your investments, that would be the best place to track these goals.

@nithin can you add option to check CAGR in COIN from particular year to year instead of last 1 to 5 years.

Why there is a delay in liquid fund credits today? Many or most people haven’t got the credit to ledger for redemption order that was placed yesterday? Is this due to this thread?

1 Like