Much Needed Feature COIN

Below few are the features which I hope to see in Coin as an investor.

1. Categorisation of my portfolio for example section of ELSS, Small Cap, Large Cap etc … Since you already have categories and UI can be segregated on the basis of that.
  2. I f you can also show Total amount invested in above said categories will be great.
  3. STP/SWP it is much needed feature as I need to shift from one fund to another after certain point or want to rebalance my portfolio DEBT, EQUITY, INDEX ratio. This will make sure I never move away from coin ever.
  4. In ElSS (In that matter any fund) I want to know how many units/amount is free from lock and can be redeemed/ or will not carry exit charge, in current coin version I don’t see the age of investment.

I was expecting more from the update It was more of UI revamp with not much feature.

I don’t want fancy UI(earlier UI was not bad though) just above basic features in COIN if these are done can think of more.

Above are much need feature I can see thread 3 4 year old threads asking for these and all I see Zerodha giving hope from so many years.

(I also do long term trading so kite is fulfilling but COIN lacks a lot & I want all my portfolio at single place)

4 Likes

Yep. Working on all 4 features. We’ll slowly roll out a host of updates over the coming months. Keep the feedback coming :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Bhuvan Why was thread unlisted ? If you have issue with last “Hope” portion (which is also the fact) I can remove it but what is the issue with this listed. I was expecting better feedback from other guys.

I feel pitty & sad at the same time if it has been unlisted to hide something

Hmm no.

This forum isn’t meant for support queries. The best place would have been to create a ticket here support.zerodha.com.

No @Bhuvan I don’t buy your reason why you have unlisted my thread.

This thread is not about support queries. It is about all features that are needed in Coin and can be discussed in a group.

Below are many links which are of similar nature are going to unlist them all ?? Then what is the use of Q&A platform ??

Or is it just the factual criticism which was hard to digest and made you to unlist the thread.
I also don’t see any violation of rule in the forum. I am just a normal consumer who want the best product.

@nithin Can you help me to understand why was it unlisted.

1 Like

Nothing hard to digest here. We are working on these features and we’ll start rolling them out in the upcoming updates.

We have numerous threads with the exact same requests and there’s no point in keeping them all open. Doesn’t mean we aren’t listening to your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Listed it. Have spoken to Bhuvan, we will merge topics which are similar instead of unlisting.

3 Likes

thanks @nithin :metal: … Hope zerodha as a community grow stronger :blush:

1 Like

@bhuvan @siva Coin is almost old and boring website in the mutual fund investing platform when we are comparing ETMONEY,GROWW, KARVY Etc ,why Zerodha is like that i cannot see any information about ( star rating , portfolio information , Asset holding etc , ) its like plain vanilla investing platform , but your coin APP is very useful , please update the coin web platform as soon as possible , its very long time the website is not updated ,
In industry zerodha only try to educate the investor , but others are really going fast improving mutual fund platform , i cannot believe this , please bring the risk graph like valueresearch in debt category

2 Likes

We aren’t ever going to add star ratings. They are based on past performance and picking funds based on them is a terrible idea.

We show scheme holdings on the Coin app. We are revamping Coin web now, both the app and web will be similar.

Can you send me a link?

1 Like

This is good news.

@Bhuvan
1.) There is a difference which agency’s star rating one is looking at. (Crisil’s star rating considers liquidity, risk adjusted returns and credit worthiness of the papers in the fund).
2.) Crisil’s star rating is not about just past returns. So you can include that.
3.) While Value Research and Morning Stars star rating do consider past returns mostly. So exclude that.
4.) You can also include sharpe ratio, sortino ratio and other ratio attributes in coin app.
5.) You can also include ‘category wise, scheme wise and month wise’ AUM of funds, so that investors can know where the money is pumped into and from where money is taken out.

Posting screenshots from ‘Paytm Money’ app below. Here you can see how three different AMCs in the ‘same fund category’ have different risks showing by the ‘riskometer’ of the app.
All three of them are under the category of ‘Ultra-Short’ term bond fund.

Let me check again. But all star ratings are based on past returns, at the most they might have some extra parameters, but I can assure you, investors shouldn’t base decisions on them.

Ah, these are standard riskometers. These have ZERO insights. We’ll also show them but these are largely pointless, SEBI is also in the process of revamping these star ratings.

1 Like

@Bhuvan
Sir I did not post these screenshots just because they are available but I actually did further research like comparing sharpe ratio, sortino ratio, and which fund gave least volatility in the past 1 year along with crisil rating specially of ‘Ultra-Short’ term debt fund category and ICICI gave highest volatility among the top 5 largest AMCs, though giving highest returns (suggesting they are holding not so good papers) having 2 star Crisil rating while SBI had 1.5 to 1.75% less returns but least volatility and higher Crisil rating. Exactly same is seen in the ‘riskometer’ of Paytm app.
The important point is all the above three screenshots are of the ‘Same Fund Category’ where the invested value at risk should be having the same risk but the riskometer is clearly showing three different risks, SBI fund having least, Aditya Birla is somewhere in the middle and ICICI having the highest risk in its category (Ultra Short Term fund).
The riskometer is not comparing apples vs oranges (e.g liquid funds with low duration funds) , rather it is comaparing the same fund category and showing greater divergence among the three.
So we can’t just disregard it by saying it as a standard riskometer. Please consider this also.

2 Likes

@Bhuvan
the KUVERA web version can you look , how one investor can see the details of funds performance , risk , AUM, comparison of peers , portfolio under holding asset , holding percentage etc in the single web page , any newbee investor also the website of kuvera they try to think a investor twice before invest … like that friendly website we need , have a look bhuvan

in coin web there is no information about the fund , just you are flashing the schemes where we invested under holding … please rembember the kuvera have a compare with bench mark how they performed against benchmark

@Bhuvan this is not star rating , as basic understand to investor as sebi introduced as riskometer , how the risk of the capital in particular fund its will flash on riskometer

What are all the features which are in development for coin ? Can you guys be transparent in upcoming features and once u deliver add the date next to them…We would like to know how things are going. Lot of requests related to mutual fund and coin are in pending state from last few months and the changes in system are the reason given.

I know there are challenges but when lot other competitors have implemented the same features not sure why there is problems here.

A little bit more on the transparency of the development in progress should give us confidence and what to expect.

@nithin @Bhuvan

1 Like

My 2 cents on this.

1. Star ratings and other info from Kuvera/Value research…etc are not need.

one has to read the scheme document thoroughly and carefully. That’s all one needs to understand if the MF is suitable for him or not. Anything else is a waste of time on investors part. looking at ratings by some 3rd party is invitation for bad investment decisions.

All the information you need is in the scheme document. READ IT.

1. Reporting has to improve a lot. Look at reporting of PMS software. Simple things like XIRR , total investment / withdrawal, total gain are all that one needs.

2. Direct withdrawal to bank account instead of via trading account.

If coin can address these two (reporting and withdrawal) it will be in good shape going forward.

1 Like

@trader_dude. everybody is not same , visual is better then reading , it’s easy to understand for newbie also , Are you experience guy are not I don’t know , see whatever the fund currently portfolio holding the basic to know is everybody rights. not there in coin , Depend upon than only we can take a decision to invest , it’s not withdrawing a money and blindly purchasing , don’t give a wrong thought to others in mutual fund investing