Muhurat Trading Session - Samvat 2079 [24th October, 2022]

A Muhurat trading session is conducted by exchanges every year on account of Diwali - Lakshmi Puja.

Before the advent of electronic trading in the stock markets, trading would only take place in the designated trading halls of stock exchanges. These trading halls were only open to stockbrokers and their registered assistants. An investor would place orders with the stockbroker or the broker’s assistants who would then go to the trading hall to execute the transaction.

On the Muhurat trading day, however, the restrictions on entering the trading hall would be eased up. A stockbroker’s clients, friends, and family would be able to witness the open-outcry trading first-hand in the trading halls.

Buying stocks in the Muhurat session to mark activity is considered auspicious. The activity is said to welcome luck for the next year. Check this post on Tradingqna from 2018 to know more about the significance of Muhurat trading.

What is the significance of Samvat 2075 and Muhurat trading 2018? General

The Muhurat trading session will be conducted on Monday, October 24, 2022.

In line with our tradition over the last 12 years, brokerage charges for all trades during the Muhurat trading session will be reversed. Zero brokerage on all Intraday, F&O, and commodity trades.

Market Schedule Start Time End Time
Equity
Pre Open * 6:00 PM 6:15 PM
Normal Trading 6:15 PM 7:15 PM
Closing Session 7:25 PM 7:35 PM
Derivatives
Equity F&O, Currency, and MCX 6:15 PM 7:15 PM

*Random closure in the last one minute

All intraday positions will be squared off 10 minutes prior to market closing. After Market Orders (AMO) will be collected until 5.57 PM for Equities and 6.10 PM for F&O on October 24th to be placed in the Muhurat trading session.

Check out this NSE circular for more details.

13 Likes

I like being in the market at this time, because of the lights, as we don’t get to be in the market at the time of lights are on.

I am only in equity, so this is special for me :bulb: