Multi device support for Kite Mobile App

:+1:

Yes, it asks for biometric authentication each day, but only once.
However, I believe most (if not all) banking and financial apps require biometric authentication every time you open the app, which I think is a good security practice.

Thats why I am interested in two things now. First, what the regulations says exactly. Will be an interesting read. Looking forward for it once we have it from Siva or Google. Secondly, how other brokers other than Zerodha interpret the same regulations as it is currently let’s say with Groww or Dhan as they allow multi device login though Apps.

1 Like

These won’t be public, these are between broker and exchanges, while getting approval of any platform we have to show them this check and only after that we will be approved.

This is the check box.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Siva. And as always similar to any laws of this land it’s very vague and open to interpret. It never specifies about multiple devices, mobile or tab or PC. If I want to interpret"Multiple simultaneously login sessions are not allowed" this even covers present Zerodha way of allowing both Web and App login as not compliant. So, it’s really upto broker to broker how they see it. I see it the way of not allowing multiple login for same device be it App or Web. Only Either web or App per device.
As I doubted, this is interesting guideline and open for everyone to interpret their own way. Probably drafted pre mobile revolution era. Regulators probably need not felt to adress this grey area, and probably will not in near future.