Multi device support for Kite Mobile App

Hi Zerodha team, Kite Mobile app doesn’t allow multi device support. If we login into second device previous device Kite gets logged off. Please implement multi device support for Kite mobile.
Also possibility should be to view the Connected Device sessions and Logout possibilities of other devices. This is standard feature for many Broker Apps and OTT platforms. Thanks.

1 Like

I think it’s a good security practice.

Don’t agree. Its standard for many Broker Apps and many OTT apps, Emails (Gmail, Prime, Hotstar etc.). I am sure Google, Amazon, Disney have thought about it before implementation :slight_smile:
Any way I have my use case and so does many users I am sure. Similarly many may not need it.

also multi user support… if possible

1 Like

and they have deep pockets too (:

features get prioritized based on demand, cost and existing workarounds. In this case, workaround can be website login in the mobile browser. Though The session gets expired in 24 hours but logging in with password manager + SMS OTP isn’t that slow.

Well Zerodha also have very deep pockets atleast to develop such feature. Search for Zerodha Financial in Google.
I am very much aware of Web version, Zerodha user since 2016. I am requesting this feature very knowingly. Groww has this feature. Even small broker compare to Zerodha such as Dhan has this feature (multidevice as well as multiuser). So, let Zerodha decide they will implement it or not. As a user, I need this, hence the request. Simple.

1 Like

This is as per regulation, multi login is not allowed for one ID at same time.

Checking on multi user login on same app at a time.

1 Like

Strage;!! Then why Zerodha allow Web login in different device even if I am sumulatenously logged in Kite App??
Also you mean other brokers such as Groww, Dhan not following regulations? Can you please share the regulations link? Will be interesting read. Thanks.

No, Zerodha doesn’t allow multi-device login on Kite web. If you log in to Kite web on a different device, the first one gets automatically logged out.

However, you can stay logged in simultaneously on one Kite app and one Kite web.

Is not that violation of regulations if I am sumulatenously logged in multi device may it be Web or app ? That should be also stopped, right?
Anyway I am waiting for the regulations link. Will be interesting read.

I’m not sure about Groww, but with Dhan, this is a serious security concern for me. They only ask for a password and biometric authentication during the first login of the day. After that, the app doesn’t even ask for biometric authentication to log in.

They claim that the app won’t ask for biometrics until the session is invalidated, but I’m not sure how that is determined. You can imagine the consequences—if my phone is stolen or someone mistakenly or intentionally makes a trade in my account, the app won’t ask for biometric authentication, which is a major risk.

One login to web and app is allowed but not like 2 or more logins on web or app. I can’t comment on why other brokers are allowing, but yeah this is a regulatory requirement, otherwise this is very easy to implement.

1 Like

Thanks Siva. Regulations seems very very strage in that case where App and Web treated as different. From my point of view if it’s possible to login via web in different device, I should be able to login via app in different device. Can you please share the link of the regulations?

Looking forward for an update. Thanks

No, you can’t log in to Kite web on multiple devices, and you also can’t log in to the Kite app on multiple devices. If you try, the first session will be automatically logged out.

However, a user can maintain one login session on Kite mobile and another one on Kite web simultaneously.

As I mentioned earlier, I well understand this. But for me it’s very strange piece of regulations. Do you have regulations link? Please share if you can. Thanks.

No, I tried searching on Google but couldn’t find it :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hmm. Interesting. Me too :grin:

1 Like

Maybe @siva could help with that …

Regulation treats them as 2 categories of devices, not one. You can have 1 on each category.

I might be misremembering here so just consider it an opinion.

Session is invalidated at the end of every day. You can open after 12 and check and it’ll ask fingerprint again. Might not be exactly at 12:01 but yeah you get my point right.

This is in line with daily login requirements of SEBI/exchanges.