My friend is a long term investor but wants to become a trader

Instead of large sums of money, he will require market knowledge and expertise. Only this can help him become a successful stock market trader. Trading can be started with a small amount of money.

Screenshot from 2022-10-26 14-09-05
His story.

I like to hear his story.

Although investing and trading both have the requirement of research in common, both have a lot of differences. I recommend you to ask your friend to first learn and gather knowledge and trade on demo for at least 6 months. Before becoming a trader, he must know technical analysis of charts, fundamental analysis, different techniques for risk management, and importance of timeframe.

A person may engage in both trading and investing. To avoid any disputes with the taxman, such people would do well to clearly distinguish between their investment portfolios and trading securities.

Trading in the stock market is different from investing in the stock market. One must be able to distinguish between them and plan accordingly.

If he is interested in trading, he will need to expand his knowledge. After becoming intimately acquainted with trading, he will be able to select their goals and objectives, as well as devise better profit-making strategies.