My Journey from Loss to Profit

Wow! I'm so challenged by this. I can't really believe that one can trade with such a focused mind after losing so much. Usually, a trader in your shoes would be focused on recovering what has been lost instead of making fresh gains. Good role model.

Congratulations mate. Thanks for sharing this very motivational post. It is quite an eye opener for those who could be considering quitting the trade. It takes patience an determination to be a successful trader. Otherwise, you can never succeed

2 Likes

i loved this replyā€¦

Congrats in first place, you mustered the courage to create a self discipline. Beliefs and hard work can cut across any barrier. Good job!

Now look the quoted words are quite dangerous. Trading is not avoiding losses, in fact any business can not run without incurring losses. The edge is how to minimize the impact of losses (in amount not in counts!) when you lose. In fact build set ups with lower accuracy (as low even you win 25% of trades) but still make positive return on capital. In the process what happens is if you can make money from low accurate system, in real life your accuracy will be better than worst imagined. Trading income is not losing and winning, but itā€™s a function of positive expectancy. I wrote a few things recently, will continue to update as time permits.

1 Like

good move sirā€¦keep going like this

Off Course itā€™s dangerous, there is no business without loss, and we can not win daily, in trading we have to take risks sometime strategies donā€™t work at all.
But my contention was to limit the loss and the day when I lose, I accept that this is not my dayā€¦ and get myself prepared for next trading session.

Thanks for your kind wordsā€¦

Nice story. Can we discuss more on this matter? Via phone or Skype?

I am always happy to hear stories like this one. It shows that traders really can improve their trading skills and strategy only by being dedicated and open up to learn from their mistakes. I wish you many more successful trades

Many people ask which specific strategy did I use for my trades, I just want to tell you discipline is more important than strategy, you must have to accept the mistake, mistake in reading the movement if you misread the movement and your stoploss hit, donā€™t revise your stoploss until you are damn sure about it, otherwise accept the loss and exit.

Congratulations for doing what many people find diffult to handle. Recovering from loss is very tough and many people end up quitting their trading journeys when they face losses, especially huge ones like that. I hope youve learnt from your mistakes

Hahaha :grin: no loss for a single day in 60 days period? Itā€™s possible only in Beginnerā€™s Luck phase. Not in professional trading. And avoiding loss in trading means inviting disaster :zap::zap::zap:

But I think your P&L is authentic and your efforts is praiseworthy :+1:

sorry to know about your lossā€¦but you are not aloneā€¦99% traders fail & itā€™s always a dream to stay consistentā€¦i would rather suggest people to do semi-trade (short term investment) in stocks based on fundamentals + tech chartsā€¦my journey was also from losses in f&o etc till i worked hard on my backtested strategy in stocks/ETFs.

When a system reaches the end of the session with an open position, the performance of each session is calculated by taking the last trading price of the same, where sometimes those costs are very high and can not be financed.

Congratulations! To achieve success in trading is really difficult!
I noticed that various trials are stimulating. Man wants to earn as much as possible these days.
I guess I also need to participate, otherwise I donā€™t have enough time, or I just forget.
Well done, man, your result is really cool!

Good to see that some things are really help somebody to earn at least anything cause many people blame such our things as pure scam and not much more than that really. I really do hope it will work out in your case anyway. Thanks for that matter.

Agree Some extent. its important to earn least decent profit from capital on regular basis to consider itself successful trader. However 60-days challenge may aid to excel for beginner to begin with baby step.

We have all had our ups and downs in trades but some of us are here because we chose to go on. The result is that we are now trading in a stable condtion and are actually earning profit. In my case what I did wrng was try to rush into tradig before I had even learnt the most important parts of it. This mistake is made by so many traders out there. Most of them end up failing because they never learn from it. I was really poor in trades when I began and as I have mentioned is because I was to interested in earnong money in such a short while. It made me realoise that htere is no shortcut in forex. You just have to learn and keep on training. Make good use of your demo account while you are at it.