New account opening

I have problems in account process.
My problems are listed below:- 1.Why can’t I verify account opening process online through aadhar ekyc,why does it say I am not ekyc verified,what should I do in order to avail that option.
2.If ekyc doesn’t work and I want to apply manually then I download commodity and equity forms and sign it,but the question is where do I need to send?
3.What documents are to be sent with forms?
4.Who creates a demat account for me,Is a trading account necessary too?
5.I already paid Rs.500 for commodity and equity,do I need to pay more for any other process?
6.What documents will I receive from zerodha or just an email.
7.How to check and view my demat account?
8.How many complete days will it take for account opening.
Thanks,it would be great help if I get answer to all.

Hi Kuldeep,

1. KYC(Know your customer) is the one-time process done while dealing in securities markets - once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary(Broker, DP) you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
  2. Since your KYC is not verified, you cannot open an account online.

We shall arrange a call back from the sales manager and assist you on account opening process.

If you have an account with another broker or if you’ve invested in mutual funds(SEBI resigtered entities), then you’ll be KYC compliant. You also fill a KYC form when you open a bank account but this KYC is not unified and you need to have a separate KYC for your broker/MF.
You can check your KYC status here.

We’re introducing Aadhaar KYC very soon(OTP for KYC+video call for IPV). Until that time, you can download the account opening form(including KYC form), sign it in all the required fields and send it to us.

You have to courier the forms to our head office address mentioned below:

#153/154 4th Cross Dollars Colony,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Bangalore - 560078

I’ll mention the easiest docs required for account opening. If you don’t have any of the ones mentioned below, then you can refer to the acop form for other accepted docs.

PAN copy for ID proof. 1-month bank statement or passbook copy for address proof + bank account linking. 6-month bank statement/latest salary slip if you wish to trade F&O.
Please note that these documents need to be self-attested for validation. It will not be accepted otherwise.

Note: Aadhaar/Passport/Voter ID/Electricilty bill is also accepted as address proof.

Yes, you need to open a Trading+Demat account. You require a trading account to buy/sell shares and you require a Demat account to store shares. Your Demat account is opened with Zerodha Securities Pvt Ltd with Zerodha as your Depository Participant(DP) and CDSL as your Depository. Zerodha’s DP ID is 12081600 and you’ll receive your own Demat account number.

Other than the Rs.500(Rs.200 for trading account, Rs.100 for Demat account and Rs.200 for commodity account), there are no other charges involved with account opening.
W.r.t your Demat, there is an Annual Maintenance Charge of Rs.300 payable on March 31st each year on a pro-rata basis.

You will not receive any documents from Zerodha. As soon as your account is created, you’ll receive a Welcome email with the login details to your backoffice Q. This will be followed by a password email for your trading account. This email will also have have links to the Kite User manual and Coin(our Direct MF platform) to give you a kickstart.

You can view your Holdings on your trading platform Kite as well as the Q-backoffice on the Holdings page. If you wish to directy access your CDSL account to view Holdings, then you need to create an easi account. This is the process to create an easi account with CDSL.

It will take 48 hours for the offline account opening process.

3 Likes

Remember when your KYC detail change, you have to redo KYC with your broker and DP.

Looks like cKYC is still not up and running.

if it is a sunday in 48 hour

It’s 48 working hours.