New Features and Updates on Coin - Mutual Funds

We will post all the new updates we do on Coin on this thread.

Coin App - Version 2.5.12 (205)

• SIP details inside holding info

Now, you can see the number of SIPs and the total amount you are investing in a particular scheme from the portfolio; navigation and amendments to the SIPs are simplified.

RPReplay_Final1707295903-ezgif.com-optimize (2)

• Trendline enhancements. Plots units bought.

Any purchase that a user currently holds will show up in the scheme trendline and will be shown as per the dots plotted on the graph.

RPReplay_Final1707296461-ezgif.com-optimize

9 Likes

Updates on Coin Web

• We have removed all the securities we do not offer on Coin like SGB, Gsec, Corp Bonds, etc. and added NPS to the main landing page.

• The dashboard now has the NPS values, and overall coin portfolio values.

• NPS Portfolio has been improved, we now show P&L, scheme breakdown, NPS Portfolio XIRR and scheme type breakdown and units similar

• MF Portfolio XIRR is now live on the dashboard

• NPS Portfolio XIRR live on the dashboard.

• NPS scheme pages are now live.

• NPS scheme returns and NAV is now live on the main investment page

• NPS CAGR displayed in scheme-wise breakdown.

• OS tickets updated on the Coin Notifier are now live.

1. Holdings Section
    We have enhanced the holdings page on Coin to provide users with the ability to access analytics for their Mutual Fund investments, download their ELSS statements, and authorize the debiting of Mutual Fund units for redemption orders.

2. Filter option

Users will now have the flexibility to filter and sort their Holdings, SIPs & SWPs using various criteria available in filter options. This feature allows users to customize their view by applying tags, enabling them to refer to specific holding categories or SIP types within their overall portfolio.

This feature will be helpful for the investors to streamline the monitoring of their investment categories, P&L and returns on their investments.

1. Portfolio/holdings page

The feature offers users the capability to filter their holdings based on subcategories within mutual funds, allowing for a more focused view of their investments across specific mutual fund categories.

This functionality presents users with a summary of the total number of funds and the invested amount for each chosen fund category, along with a detailed list of their investments. Moreover, users can conveniently select multiple categories at once. The filter list will exclusively display mutual fund categories in which the investor have investments.

1. SIP & SWP

Users with multiple SIPs can now filter and sort them by frequency, payment source, SIP status, Creation date etc. This feature streamlines SIP management by enabling users to easily identify the fund sources of the SIPs, whether through a payment gateway or a linked mandate SIP.

Applying a filter automatically updates the SIP overview to display only the relevant SIPs, simplifying monitoring and management. Users can also sort their SIPs using various options and select multiple filters simultaneously for a tailored view.

Updates on Coin App

1. Filter option
    Users will have the option to filter their holdings or SIPs based on different criteria/filters provided on the respective holdings or SIP page. This feature enables users to view their holdings or SIPs according to specific tags applied, allowing them to check on a particular holding category or SIP type from the total holdings or SIPs available in their account. The tools have been added to efficiently track the investment categories along with the active SIPs.
    The count of items on top of the respective lists will change based on filtered items.

2. Portfolio/holdings page
    The holdings page now allows users to filter their holdings based on subcategories within mutual funds i.e users can easily view their holdings for specific mutual fund categories. This feature provides users with an overview of the total number of funds and the invested amount for each selected fund category, along with a list of funds they have invested in. Additionally, users have the flexibility to select multiple categories simultaneously. Only the mutual fund categories that the users have invested in will be available under the filters list. Users will also be able to sort their holdings as per available options.

3. SIP & SWP -
    For users who have set up multiple SIPs, they will now have the option to filter these SIPs based on frequency, payment source, SIP status, and SIP type. This feature allows users to track their SIPs more effectively and easily identify the funding source, whether it’s through a payment gateway or a mandate linked SIP. Once a filter is applied, the overview of the SIPs is automatically updated to provide a clear view of the SIPs matching the selected filter. This enhancement simplifies the process of managing and monitoring SIP investments. Users will also be able to sort their SIPs as per available options. Additionally, users have the flexibility to select multiple filters simultaneously.

4. Portfolio XIRR
    MF Portfolio XIRR feature is now available on the Coin app. Investors can view the portfolio’s XIRR by clicking the “View” button.

5. Varsity Videos
    We have revamped the Learn to invest segment into Basics of Mutual Funds on Coin. The basics of Mutual Funds section on Coin features 13 Varsity videos covering everything from fund basics to key metrics to evaluate Mutual Funds. It provides a clear and comprehensive guide to mutual funds in these engaging videos.

6. NEFT Page Revamp
    We’ve revamped the NEFT/RTGS page on the Coin app to make the user experience smoother than ever. Users can copy the ICCL bank account details directly within the app with just a tap.
    We have also added a nudge to alert users to transfer funds from their linked bank accounts and avoid transferring funds to ICCL via IMPS mode.

7 Changes to the mutual fund search:

• The growth option will be displayed first for all mutual fund searches.
  • Fixed spacing issues during searches.
    Ex - “taxsaver” or “tax saver” will display tax-saving/ELSS schemes.
  • Added a new sorting option to sort the mutual funds based on performance, where the search will be sorted as per the best performing mutual funds.
  1. Removed FAQ
    FAQs have been removed from the home page of the Coin app.

2. Internal changes to enhance user experience on Coin:

• A new data storage system has been implemented to ensure the proper persistence of settings and updated instruments.

• Network modifications have been implemented to facilitate the seamless flow of the logout process and CDSL authorization without any disruptions.

• A framework upgrade has been carried out to boost the overall performance of Coin to enhance the user experience.

1. AMC SIP Cancellation Reason
    As per the SEBI circular SEBI/HO/OW/IMD/IMD-SEC1/P/2024/270/1 5, AMCs are required to ensure the proper capture of reasons for the cancellation of AMC SIPs from the investors’ end. We have introduced an option on the Coin app that enables investors to select a reason for terminating their AMC SIPs from a drop-down menu containing 13 options. This provides users with the flexibility to choose the most appropriate reason for canceling their AMC SIPs and managing their investments effectively. Below are the reasons available on Coin for deleting AMC SIPs
  • Non-availability of funds
  • Scheme not performing
  • Service issue
  • Load revised
  • Wish to invest in other schemes
  • Change in Fund Manager
  • Goal Achieved
  • Not comfortable with market volatility
  • Will be restarting SIP after a few months
  • Modification in bank/mandate/date, etc.
  • I have decided to invest elsewhere
  • This is not the right time to invest
  • Other (Specific reason up to 200 words)
    When selecting Other, investors can specify their particular reason for canceling the AMC SIP on Coin, with the option to provide a reason in up to 200 words.

Update on Mutual fund Redemption details

With the new backend changes, once a redemption order is placed by the users, the funds payout details will be updated under the remarks section of MF order history. After the redemption order is placed and successfully processed, on T+1 day, the remark will be updated to “Funds will be credited to the primary bank account.” and, as per the settlement time/payout date of the fund, the payout details will be updated under the remarks section on T+X day.

Ex - If Fund XYZ is redeemed on 1st Jan 2024, the status on T+1 day i,e 2nd Jan 2024 will be updated as Funds will be credited to your primary bank account and as per the settlement time of fund i.e T+3 days on 4th Jan 2024 the status will further be updated to Funds credited to XXXXXXXXX on 04/01/2024 with reference number as XXXXXXXXX

2 Likes

In-App UPI Experience for Mutual Funds on Coin App
We are launching a new flow for UPI transactions on Coin

In order to make a mutual fund purchase on Coin, you can choose between the following payment options:

• Direct Bank Transfers [RTGS, NEFT]
  • Netbanking
  • UPI
    In the UPI flow, our users can select the UPI app of their choice to complete the transaction. Although the flow is seamless, this involves leaving the Coin interface to complete the payment process.

What changes in the new flow?
In the new flow, the user will not have to leave the Coin app. Although users will not be able to use the Coin app to transfer money to other merchants or users, the entire journey for a mutual fund transaction on Coin can be done within our app.

Why can we not power P2P or P2 Other Merchant transactions?
Since Coin is not a payments app, powering third-party transactions will not tie into what we want to offer i.e. a clean mutual fund purchase experience. The license we have for powering these user to only Coin app transactions is accordingly not for a full-fledged UPI app. This route is the “merchant SDK route” of powering UPI transactions.

Since our partner bank in the merchant SDK route is Yes Bank, the UPI handle created for the users on Coin will be @yespay.

The app is pushed to Beta on Android and Testflight on iOS.

Refer to the link below to understand how you can get onboarded

Refer to the link below to understand how you can complete the payment

• You can use the primary bank account linked to your account only here.
  • The in-app UPI option will require access to your SMS and calls.
  • The account management section is from NPCI any bank change request that is posted there won’t affect
  • The UPI section on the Accounts page is completely a NPCI UI so all the transaction history and other details are only pertain to the MF transactions done via in app UPI
  • Bulk Payments are not supported via in-app UPI
3 Likes

FYI, you have pasted some features twice in the post.

This would be useful if it was accurate. Mutual funds holdings on Console are months old and are wrong. Reported it in a ticket (#20240502390613) but ticket closed without fixing

Was this in-app UPI thing a feature requested by users?

Thanks for adding this. This was a much needed feature

I just tried the in app UPI payment and it is quite a seamless exprience. Huge improvment compared to the existing flow!

Some of the other threads mentioned below items on the roadmap. Can we expect to see them this year

1. NPS switching to coin
  2. Integration with account aggregators for EPFO balance etc.

Currently using excel sheets to track asset allocation accross MFs,NPS,EPF etc. It will be nice to have everything in Coin/Console.

1 Like

yes, we are aware of this, the issue is with the current data vendor, we are in the process to change the data vendor, once this is done, all the Console portfolio underlying will be fixed.

This is something that we have implemented to improve the user experience to purchase MF, we want to make MF purchase to be a 1 click experience and not 3-4 clicks, this is the first step towards the same :slight_smile:

Yes, this will be happening in a month or two

We are evaluating AA and MF Central APIs to integrate this, which ever is most accurate, we will implement the same on coin to track all your MF holdings on Coin and Console.

@Neelesh please flash the cut of time to invest in coin platform
because debt and equity have diffrent time
withdrawl diffrent time

lpease do so

most people doesin know

1 Like

Mentioned here

3 Likes

@Neelesh can these timings be made to display in Coin App/Web ?

1 Like

Will check the possibilities of what can be done here for more transparency.

1 Like

When will SIP on UPI will be available?

Another 1-2 weeks we should be live.

Hi @Neelesh,

As per this the cut off time for EQ MF is 2PM. So if we make a payment before 2PM. will be get same day NAV. Can you please confirm. I made a big UPI Payment yesterday around 1PM to leverage yesterday’s NAV. But I don’t think it processed with yesterday NAV? Today the market is up by 3%

1 Like

Same issue with me, although my top up was not a big one. I have faced this multiple times during drawdowns like this. I placed 7 lump-sum orders yesterday but I received allotment for only 2 of them. I can’t understand how can 2/7 orders be processed and the rest couldn’t. They all were placed between 11:42-11:48 and still this. Have created a support ticket and I am sure they will come out with the usual reply.
I am done now with Zerodha and coin, will leave the current investment as it is there and find something else to directly invest with the MF AMC or anything else.

I faced the same issue. I paid through UPI as well around 1pm

Same issue. Did at 11:30 AM on 3 July but got NAV after 4th.

Got allotted today (5th) at 4th’s NAV.

@Neelesh

I am in the same boat, I placed two orders on the 4th at 12:17PM and 12:18PM, and as per the cut-off time, I am supposed to get 4th NAV. Till now on the coin, it says “Processing”.

1 Like

same for me also i also placed 4t june 10.35 am , still not processed , why i dont know

@Neelesh can you answer me

Hi @Neelesh @nithin,

Seems like I am not alone in this. Would request you respond. Happy to create a support ticket if thats the best way to get a response from you…