New Kite feature - F&O Positions Analysis Tool by Sensibull

Hello people!

My first job out of college was in options trading. I did that for another half a decade for institutions and nearly a decade-plus for myself. During this time, I stumbled upon some of the most important questions in options trading. I found myself asking these questions time and again, day after day, week after week. They went like this:

• What would be my P&L if the market goes up or down 2% tomorrow?
  • What would I gain or lose if the market stays flat after an event?
  • If I buy some options on a Friday, how much will I lose if the market opens flat?

This was a problem I faced personally as a trader. Naturally, a tool to answer these questions was one of the first things we built in Sensibull. So when the folks at Zerodha proposed including this as a Widget in Kite, we jumped at the opportunity.

Finally, the day has come when we added the finishing touches to what we have been building. We are thrilled to announce the Positions Analysis Widget, powered by Sensibull - exclusively on Kite.

So, where is this widget?
It is in your positions tab

Here is the list of what you can do with this widget

• Analyse your F&O and USDINR positions and basket orders
  • Change the stock price or your target date and see how much you will gain or lose
  • See Max loss, Max Profit, Breakeven probability of profit
  • See Greeks, play around with IVs, etc

Do all of this and more without leaving Kite! And if you want to do something fancier, Sensibull’s Options Strategy builder is just one click away.

We would love to hear from you on how to make this more useful for you. Please let us know your feedback and suggestions for improvement on [email protected]

I hope this helps you be profitable in your trading
Regards,
Abid
Cofounder, Sensibull

Here is a demo video

Frequently asked questions

Is it free?
This widget is free till 30th of April, 2021. After that, we will keep the basic version free, and have a nominal charge for advanced features.

Can I analyse all trades and positions?
You can analyse almost everything in F&O. Here is the list of what we support:

• Nifty and Bank Nifty Futures and Options
  • Stock Futures and Options
  • USDINR

Here is what we do not support. These will come in the “Untracked” list

• Options with strikes far away from the current price
  • FINNIFTY
  • Currencies other than USDINR.
  • Commodities
  • EQ segment - Stock buying and selling, intraday or CNC

How can I access this on Kite Mobile app?
This widget is not live on Kite Mobile app yet. We will be making it live soon.

How can I analyse a basket order which I am about to trade?
How can I analyse basket orders?

1. Go to Orders in Kite Web.
  2. Select the Baskets Tab
  3. Create a basket order and click on Analyse button

Will it work on all browsers?
Unfortunately, no. We do not support some browsers, notably Safari. We might not work well on some older generation browsers like internet explorer. We will be making it available on Safari soon.

For the best experience we recommend the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.

I am not able to see some of my options in the analyse feature. Why?
We do not support the following instruments.

• Options with strikes far away from the current price
  • FINNIFTY
  • Currencies other than USDINR
  • Commodities
  • EQ segment - Stock buying and selling, intraday or CNC

These will come in the “Untracked” list

24 Likes

Will Sensibull Pro members continue to get this widget’s full feature after 30th April?

2 Likes

Yeah.

1 Like

HI, What will be charge for this widget? Will it charged separately or with sensibull subscription?

@Sensibull why you remove risk analaysis (POP) , this is awesome , but before Risk that i can know the pop of the particular strike

@Sensibull make it the option chain also fully in kite , thats will usefully, if you need to charge some also for option chain in kite like 20 Rs per month no problem . bring a full option chain in kite

We will bring it back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can use the full thing for free in Sensibull. We love having you on our site :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Sensibull Very useful feature to have inside kite :pray:

2 Likes

Comes with sensibull subscription.

2 Likes

@Sensibull
Hi, Thanks for the nice feature. But why It is being introduced for the Basket order only? Kindly introduce it for every type of order.

“This widget is free till 30th of April, 2021. After that, we will keep the basic version free, and have a nominal charge for advanced features.”
What all comes under basic version , is present one basic one ?
And what can be expect as for advanced feature ?
Is it just another way of accessing sensibull without going to the homepage ?

The slider change interactions will be limited under the free version. You can only see the expiry day pay-off
The full version gives you every interaction on this widget, and is priced under 300 Rs

You can create a basket with only one instrument and that will double up as the analyse. That said, what a great idea :slight_smile: Let us think though it

Thank you, @Vivek88

Remove exposure margin for hedged option trade till then no use of this complex analysis ROI becomes shit when we hedge

@Sensibull, you mentioned about straddle charts on Twitter sometime back. When can we expect that to be launched?

SEBI has to do that, nothing broker can do.

One of the most useful and necessary features for option traders would be the ability to view multi-leg charts which can track the combined premium of multi-leg options strategies like straddles, strangles, butterflies, iron condors etc.

Would be great if either Sensibull or Zerodha could provide this feature.

Coming by the end of April

1 Like