New Problem is Emerging for FIntechs offering Digital Loans

Ever checked your credit score and found out that your PAN has other loans linked to it? That would be extremely scary and financially damaging right? Well that is exactly what has happened in one journalist’s case with Dhani. It seems it has happened with others too.

Do check the below mentioned tweet thread to know exactly what has happened.

6 Likes

Hmm need to keep eyes open…Thanks @Prakashsingh for this alert.

2 Likes

This is an old problem. Once in a while such frauds keep on happening about misuse of financial documents.
That’s why user needs to be vigilant about their financial landscape and regularly check their credit scores.

Beside I doubt I will consider Indiabulls finance as a fintech :slight_smile: it is a legacy business.

1 Like

One always needs to keep an eye on their credit report. That is the best way to go about it. RBI also needs to crack down on such things fast and hard.

Overall, identity theft is a serious issue. Always need to be cautious. As i read the thread, the scarier it got. Thanks for this @Prakashsingh

Dhani Ltd is down from 144+ to 103 (-20% LC today) due to the above news along with other news of ED raid.

Corporate Governance is so damn underrated in stock picking.

In addition to that,
the zero-interest EMI loans disbursed through Dhani’s OneFreedom card
are predatory loans nicely packaged into a card and an app. :sweat_smile:

And AFAIK, it is all legal,
no consumer protection laws against it, because…

• they are “just an NBFC”,
  • they do not have a banking-license i.e. no banking regulations to comply with.
  • and this is not a credit-card.

Here’s the detailed analysis on this i concluded just last week… :wink:

1 Like

Do check our latest Zconnect Post on the Customer Verification Process

2 Likes

Some used my mother’s aadhar and pan details to get loan on dhani app. Do I need to do something ?

Another common reason for such
“There are unexpected loans in my name” situations
has recently come to light.

It turns out that various Buy-Now-Pay-Later (BNPL) schemes
on popular websites/apps (eg. OLA Postpaid, Amazon Pay Later, …)
are all funded behind the scenes by issuing unsecured loans from various banks/NBFCs to the individuals.

Buy Now, Pay Later??
More like…

• Buy Now
  • Drop your credit score
  • Ruin your credit history
  • Pay later anyways
1 Like

Problem still persists it seems like… this time it’s Rajkumar rao

1 Like