New to the markets

Well , if you keep thinking, you need to be gifted.

Then you ll never put your 110%.

1 Like

Hey, have a great evening.

Gifted is a very big word, one that should not be used lightly, it comes after natural.

I am not dismissing Arnie’s achievements, I know what he did, I watch him too. It is just some people are born with something special, may not be applicable to all fields, but it exists.

Finance is like Greek to me, but I did manage to learn something the way you said, I dedicated time and energy, it was hard, but it was worth it.

The real question is - is there something in the heart that says I want to be a good trader ? If so persist and one is likely to find what works.

Whether someone likes it or not I believe it’s the hardest-hitting truth I’ve heard in a long while

Hello sir @Meher_Smaran how’s your working experience at zerodha any suggestions for newbies who wants to do work in investment bank broker house or capital market. (Please share your journey at zerodha if possible in short) thank you.

You can start investing little by little even with small capital. I won’t suggest trading for someone who has time constraints. That won’t be a good idea if you don’t have enough time to learn. Just take your time to observe the market and only enter when you have a good amount of knowledge to begin with. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, @ShrutiNandi for a nice piece of advice :smiley:

build fast, fail fast, lose less

There is a video in sensibull series not sure if its free anymore. But while talking about psychology this is the line he said "instead of doing paper trading just trade currency pairs , take some 4 lots or 2 lots. Market movement is lesser than 2%. Instead of losing lakhs on nifty its better to lose some 100 or 60 rupees. "

This way you will learn something

Also depends on the segment you trade. I don’t know about derivatives but we cannot build a system fast in stocks, it takes some time, there are a lot of moving parts, so it takes a while to understand the gist of it. Someone can do quickly than others, but it will take time.

Although if the focus is on not losing much, then yes, we should do that every which way possible.

Well for someone new that has never traded f&o. They need to understand concept of margin, strategies , p& l , how to exit order without margin call & penalty, what strike prices to choose based on their strategies , what their max risk & max loss would be.

So sensibull and trading currencies would help.

1 Like

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Before investing, ask yourself. How much do you know about investing? Or what do you know about investing? What are the basics? It would be great if you research and learn about the market for a couple of months and then make a call. Good luck!

Hello there as many others here might have said you are young and have time on your side make sure to educate youself about the markets, develop a strategy suited to YOUR needs and make sure to keep up with changes worldwide.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Before you take any advice, make sure you spend time analysing and understanding market sentiment. If you get that right, no matter what happens, you will manage to trade with a strong mind. Good luck.