Nifty & Bank Nifty strategy contest thread for the week ending October 31, 2019

Hi there!

Post your Nifty/Bank Nifty trading strategy for this week below and stand a chance to win a ₹5000 Amazon voucher every week. The post will be judged on the quality of the content, ease of understanding, and engagement.

We will announce the winner on this thread on Friday evening, and create a separate topic with your post to open it up for discussion the following week.

16 Likes

Nifty is trading near resistance level, FII & DII sold more than 50k contracts yesterday in index option. Considering yesterday’s high as today’s resistance NIFTY couldn’t cross the last high and formed EVENING STAR PATTERN it’s a type of pattern which tells us that it’ll continue falling.
The stock which is there in many portfolios started down fall, yes I’m talking about INFY this stock fell and that resulted NIFTY INDEX to fall 0.6% DOWN.
So it’s clear to SHORT NIFTY CALL OPTION.

Where as BANKNIFTY forming DOJI PATTREN it is unclear as it looks very choppy condition, couldn’t break yesterday’s high 29690 and bounced back. But CCI and MACD showing positive can consider this partially and take a BANKNIFTY CALL position.
Staying way is better what I think.

3 Likes

Nifty options buying has limited risk but unlimited profit potential, I am going to teach you a trading strategy that can easily multiply your trading capital (money). Before starting with this strategy you need to keep at least Rs. 1,00,000 in your trading account, so that you don’t have to risk much of your trading capital.
Now here first thing to do is start looking at the Nifty futures chart. If the market is trading sideways then there is no trade. Let us see when the market is up (forming higher tops and higher bottoms series), We will wait for a decent pullback of about 80 to 140 point to participate in that up move. Whenever that pullback happens, you will need to buy Nifty Call Option, now I am telling how to choose correct strike price for nifty options, just look at this example: If the nifty spot is 10400 then buy nifty 10600 [call options] i.e. out of money options. Set target as double of your buy price, stop loss half of your buy price.

Quantities to Buy/Sell:

That was all about buying, now let’s see how much quantities to buy; you will use 40% of your trading capital for buying this nifty option. So if you have Rs.1,00,000 in your trading account then you will buy nifty options worth Rs.40,000/- before trading with options remember trading options always involve high degree of risk, moreover it’s your hard earned money invest it wisely.

What if you don’t find such opportunities:

If you are unable to find any decent pullbacks in nifty future, then you can always look at its stocks. There’re 50 stocks in nifty, you can check the daily chart of few of those stocks and surely you will find one/two such stocks every month.

The golden rule of options trading lies in trading in the direction of a medium-term trend if you are buying, or look to go against the trend if you are [writing options]. Also, avoid overtrading, as many discounted brokers offer less brokerage.

3 Likes

Hi

Today nifty move down side
First target to 11539 , and 2nd target 11425

You should be sharing the data you are backing these trades on.

If Red Super trend appears below support line then Around 11200 by 31 Oct with Trailing stop of 60 Points

Views are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nifty has decent correlation with HANGSENG and TAIEX. However, the correlation keeps changing from period to period. On days without significant domestic news flow, a strategy that has worked for me, is to take bets on Nifty based on world market direction.

This works very well if there is a trend reversal globally, and Nifty usually follows suit with similar directional change. There is adequate time lag for one to execute this manually. To make a decision one can assign weights to all traded world indices based on the correlation with Nifty. The quantum of forthcoming movement in Nifty is difficult to gauge, but direction change is somewhat dependable.

1.It’s a strategy which uses two strategies.The two strategies are combined in such a way thaat as a trader it gives decent income in the both the scenarios i.e market desn’t move much or market makes big moves also .
2. Please note the conceptually, it is a not a limited loss but an unlimited loss and limited profit strategy.
3. It uses the combination of short strangle and long srangle .
4. The combination of the two strategies is to caputre the decay as well as the movement of the markets .5

1. This is not an intra day strategy but a positnal one.
  2. We are direction neutral in this strategy .
    7.Ratio of short strangle to long straangle is 3:1
  3. 3:1 means 3 lot of short strangle and 1 lot of long strangle
  4. By doing this we ensure that for a big range of market (more than 1000 points on nifty) we are not required to do anything and we make profit also… In case market doesn’t move , we can make 2 percent and in case market moves we can make upto 8 percent .
  5. Taking a conservative approach and making 2 percent per month gives 24 percent per annum, to give an idea how compounding will help us in this following is an example.
    Assume we invest 50k today and never invest anything after this,and we make 24 percent every year for next 50 years. The amount we will be sitting on after 5 decades will be approximately 720 crores. :wink: .
    Enjoy! do comment to let us know what you all thing of it .
7 Likes

My Strategy’s performance for the last 3 months without considering any leverage at all. No futures leverage or intraday MIS leverage considered. How do find these metrics?

2 Likes

points generated by this strategy

I’m trading this strategy from july 2019 till now I got 1239(actual) points (1084 strategy).

My strategy is based on Heikin Ashi 1 hour candles for Nifty Spot

This is not an intraday strategy but positional one.

Long Trade

Entry here we have to look for one green candles, once we see a green candle, then in the next one hour we have to take entry at the high of previous candle and have to be in position till the exit rule satisfies.

Exit similarly to the entry by green candles, we have to look for red candles to exit. Once we see one red candle wait till the candle completes, in the next one hour take exit if the low of previous candle breaks.

The entry and exit rules will be reversed for short trades.

Process:
I take trades with options with the strike price 0.50 Delta

Notes:

1. We have to ignore 1st one hour candle of the day for entry and exit rules.
  2. Some times subsequent repaints if we had high volatility, (rarely happens)
  3. We’ll always in a position either short or long.

I’m trading this strategy from july 2019 till now I got 1239(actual) points (1084 strategy).

2 Likes

how reliable is supertrend for you? for me it generates more false signals than correct ones.

Trading Set Up for Banknifty on 25/10/2019

1. SET UP to Trade Nifty Bank.

• Trend:
  • Bank Nifty is in the 2nd phase of Bullish Trend. Buyers/ demand are Still in control of a market today.
  • Market set up:
  • Today Bank nifty Force set up is Very Much Supportive for Buying. So Today is Great set up to buy. Today, you should not miss the opportunity on the upside.
  • Bottom Line :
  • The Trend is up.>> Great set up to Buy.

2. Sentiments

• Global markets:
    • Dow Jones future is Flat to Negative & Hang Seng is Flat to Negative.
    • What is on News/TV
    • Nifty took it well the two nagative news. SBI number is wait & watch, if good then blast! 11430 - closer you buy there.
    • Positive News-flow::
    • Consumtion still good as per result on consumner's sahres ! Today it can be even better day on upside ,if nifty digested Last day nagative news with gusto!
    • Negative News-flow::
    • Bottom Line:
    • Sentiments is Mild Positive. Sentiments is also supportive to Uptrend.

3. Game Theory ( Tug of war between Buyer & Seller)

• From where New Buying comes?
    • A.Since sentiments are Mild Positive, the Outside Trader will Buy with very Mild Force. B. Trader's with short Position- a "Great" chance for short covering today.
    • From where new selling come?
    • A.Since Sentiments are Mild Positive, Outside Trader may Go short on Rise Only.
    • Will there be support from buyers buys on dips?:
    • On Fall- Since the Trend is up, There will be a higher number of Buyers at the lower end which propels the Market to go up from Dips. Moreover, at Dips Sellers who wanted to sell has sold off. So Buying on Dips is the Dominant Strategy as More Buyer and lack of Seller at the bottom of Uptrend Market

4. what I am going to do today (In bank nifty)

• Set Up:
    • Today Bank nifty Force set up is Very Much Supportive for Buying. So Today is Great set up to buy. Today, you should not miss the opportunity on the upside.
    • Sentiments:
    • SentIments is Mild Positive.
    • Trading Edge:
    • My Today Trading edge points clubbing Setup & Sentiments is 116 Point. Since My Trading Edge is more than 70, I will look for Buying Opportunity only.
    • Entry on Edge:
    • Buy- When BN is Between 29266-29174
    • Exit on Fair price:
    • Fair Price for Today's Trade is at least 29445.95
    • Stoploss:
    • One you get a entry, You should follow 70/100 point stoploss, without fail.
      It's Significant intellectual property & New way to Analyse the Market which use Unconventional Instruments Like Behaviour Finance & Game Theory for getting clear & Unbies idea for Traders.

P.S- I Like free voucher!!eventhouh I earn enough.:hugs::money_mouth_face:

Abhikumar Patel
    Twitter https://twitter.com/abhi_9392
    [email protected]

1 Like

would this work with banknifty weekly/monthly options?

it will work only on monthly. Due to low liquidity it wont work on weekly nifty/banknifty

Put all this together and observe… then you will love super trend

2 Likes

**very nice initiative although you can earn twice
    as u write anything **

First of all Trading Strategy should be simple and easily applicable. Also Entry & Exits should be defined well in chart.

I will discuss Strategy for Index trading with minimal SL and Maximum Profits on this Diwali.

Sell 11700 put.
    Buy 11600 put

Nifty
    Above 11700 safe view. Might break 11900 in the next two trading sessions.
    On daily chart. Bulls have retained it above 11600.
    As per Elliots wave theory, the first up move is complete.
    ADX slope reducing in downturn.
    Despite bearish mood on 22 n 24, held above its support of 11570.
    FII bearish bet for increase in Vol. mid session would find Nifty gaining rapidly. That is the time, put selling by Institutions would increase.