Nifty & Bank Nifty strategy contest thread for the week ending October 31, 2019

My strategy for BANKNIFTY Future is very simple & profitable.

1. Set 200 SMA/EMA with 5 minutes time frame.
  2. It is basically for Intraday.
  3. When crosses 200 SMA & moves upward & next candle is also green, Buy @ high of that candle.
  4. When crosses 200 SMA & moves downward & next candle is also red, Sell @ low of that candle.
  5. S/loss 100 points & revise it by 50 when profit is 50 points.
  6. Target 200 to 1000 points.

Backtest it & you will find that this strategy is sufficient to achieve financial freedom !
WITH BEST WISHES & HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL !

…Maharaj.

3 Likes

100 points sl for 30000 points Banknifty is 0.3%

Don’t you think sl is too small for instrument like Banknifty which has high volatility?

1 Like

Hi Vikas, When it crosses 200SMA, it usually maintain the trend.
So, s/l is appropriate for this strategy.
If you want to trade for positional, you may keep 200 point’s s/loss.

1 Like

According to my view the market should consolidate and trade sideways with very limited upside as this is relatively small weak with Monday as holiday. (No surprise if market corrects from current level)
Global markets though will have their usual effects .One should not try to predict market unless something of non recurring nature is there in events .
So one should consider trading according to their risk appetaite with proper risk management in place. Try taking non -directional trades .
Also volatility of bank nifty has increased recently so one should keep that in mind too while trading it.
My view is not related with any technical indicators analysis as I don’t like buying and selling very frequently or speculate in movement of prices on day to day basis which I don’t think is very good idea, the aim is to keep things as simple as it can be. And remember to manage unexpected events in market and manage your trades with your risk appetite because everyone’s analysis and inputs are different.
So try to trade non directional strategy according to your choice for this weekend and let’s see how it turns out on next Thursday.

Hi arvind, you pointed correctly. Hence the sl for this strategy is 2 percent of the capital deployed. And once it’s hit will square off all legs at once. No need to be a hero trying to manage/adjust the strategy.

1 Like
Trading Set Up for Banknifty on 30/10/2019

1. SET UP to Trade Nifty Bank.

• Trend:
  • Bank Nifty is in the 2nd phase of Bullish Trend. Buyers/ demand are Still in control of a market today.
  • Market set up:
  • Today Bank nifty Force set up is Supportive for Buying. So Today is Good set up to buy. Today, you should look to Buy.
  • Bottom Line :
  • The Trend is up.>> Good set up to Buy.

2. Sentiments

• Global markets:
    • Dow Jones future is Flat to Negative & Hang Seng is Negative.
    • What is on News/TV
    • FII & DII has been buying, Equity realated Tax retionalisation can also give push to market. Brent crude is also around 62 level. Buy on Dips. FII data is All In. Now no resistance.
    • Positive News-flow::
    • CMIE -large number of jobs has been created. Indigo place order for plane. (Smell of growth)
    • Negative News-flow::
    • Valuation is Mild nigling worry.
    • Bottom Line:
    • Sentiments is Mild Positive. Sentiments is also supportive to Uptrend.

3. Game Theory ( Tug of war between Buyer & Seller)

• From where New Buying comes?
    • A.Since sentiments are Mild Positive, the Outside Trader will Buy with very Mild Force. B. Trader's with a short Position-"less" chance for short covering today.
    • From where new selling come?
    • A.Since Sentiments are Mild Positive, Outside Trader may Go short on Rise Only.
    • Will there be support from buyers buys on dips?:
    • On Fall- Since the Trend is up, There will be a higher number of Buyers at the lower end which propels the Market to go up from Dips. Moreover, at Dips Sellers who wanted to sell has sold off. So Buying on Dips is the Dominant Strategy as More Buyer and lack of Seller at the bottom of Uptrend Market

4. what I am going to do today (In bank nifty)

• Set Up:
    • Today Bank nifty Force set up is Supportive for Buying. So Today is Good set up to buy. Today, you should look to Buy.
    • Sentiments:
    • SentIments is Mild Positive.
    • Trading Edge:
    • My Today Trading edge points clubbing Setup & Sentiments is 75 Point. Since My Trading Edge is more than 70, I will look for Buying Opportunity only.
    • Entry on Edge:
    • Buy- When BN is Between 29866-29773
    • Exit on Fair price:
    • Fair Price for Today's Trade is at least 30094.05
    • Stoploss:
    • One you get a entry, You should follow 70/100 point stoploss, without fail.
      It's Significant intellectual property & New way to Analyse the Market which use Unconventional Instruments Like Behaviour Finance & Game Theory for getting clear & Unbies idea for Traders.

Abhikumar Patel
    Twitter https://twitter.com/abhi_9392
    [email protected]

3 Likes

BUY AND PROFIT book zone work almost perfectly

My strategy is very simple to use in Nifty and Banknifty future trades.

Indicaters : 9 EMA, 48 EMA, VWAP
    Time frame : 5,10, or 15 minutes ( i prefer 10 minutes)

BUY : 9 EMA crosses 48 EMA mean while candle is above VWAP line

SELL: 9 EMA crosses 48 EMA mean while candle goes below VWAP line

STOP Loss : candle close below or above VWAP in reverse direction of trade

Target : ATR trailing stops (square wave)

1 Like
    Trading Set Up for Banknifty on 31/10/2019

• Trend:
  • Bank Nifty is in the 2nd phase of Bullish Trend. Buyers/ demand are Still in control of a market today.
  • Market set up:
  • Today Bank nifty Force set up is Very Much Supportive for Buying. So Today is Great set up to buy. Today, you should not miss the opportunity on the upside.
  • Bottom Line :
  • The Trend is up.>> Great set up to Buy.

2. Sentiments

• Global markets:
    • Dow Jones future is Flat to Positive & Hang Seng is Positive.
    • What is on News/TV
    • Market in grip of bulls from last 4 day. FII data is Positive. Today, you can Book Profits.
    • Result of compnied are good. Fed Cut the rate.
    • Tax cut will not happen it niggling worry
    • Bottom Line:
    • Sentiments is Mild Positive. Sentiments is also supportive to Uptrend.

• A.Since sentiments are Mild Positive, the Outside Trader will Buy with very Mild Force. B. Trader's with short Position- "Good" chance for short covering today.
    • A.Since Sentiments are Mild Positive, Outside Trader may Go short on Rise Only.
    • On Fall- Since the Trend is up, There will be a higher number of Buyers at the lower end which propels the Market to go up from Dips. Moreover, at Dips Sellers who wanted to sell has sold off. So Buying on Dips is the Dominant Strategy as More Buyer and lack of Seller at the bottom of Uptrend Market

• Set Up:
    • Today Bank nifty Force set up is Very Much Supportive for Buying. So Today is Great set up to buy. Today, you should not miss the opportunity on the upside.
    • Sentiments:
    • SentIments is Mild Positive.
    • Trading Edge:
    • My Today Trading edge points clubbing Setup & Sentiments is 86 Point. Since My Trading Edge is more than 70, I will look for Buying Opportunity only.
    • Entry on Edge:
    • Buy- When BN is Between 30059-29966
    • Exit on Fair price:
    • Fair Price for Today's Trade is at least 30238.5
    • Stoploss:
      It's Significant intellectual property & New way to Analyse the Market which use Unconventional Instruments Like Behaviour Finance & Game Theory for getting clear & Unbies idea for Traders.

Abhikumar Patel

|Twitter|

2 Likes

Yesterday BANKNIFTY was below 200 SMA at 3.10 p.m. which is not a time for intraday.
    Today opened above 200 SMA at 30200 & made high of 30449 without any tension !

2 Likes

Great

Now, whos going to declare as winner?

@Tradingqna is this open now for week ending 7th Nov?

Great initiative ! but the responses look poor in terms of strategy put forward. Looks like successful traders are not even visiting this blog :grinning:

Will do tomorrow.

2 Likes

@siva could you plz ans this too?

My trading strategy for this week is

Bank nifty & Nifty turned in to a strong upside bias and FIIs continued to buy. Market moved quickly on upside and expecting further upside on the market after a correction so i would be both short & long on the market for this week i would initiate my trade in 2 part, on 4-11-2019, i would short the bank nifty & Nifty on rally ,for around 100 points on Nifty and 300 points on bank nifty.Target for bank nifty is 30254, 30150/30170, 29975, 29830. For Nifty 11835, 11805, 11730. Resistance for nifty is 11917 & for bank nifty 30480/30640 . This short trade is risky keeping in mind the strong up side on the market. but i will close the trade if the trade moves in to 50 points on Nifty 150 points on Bank nifty , on intra- day basis, and wait for a chance to initiate a long trade on nifty & bank nifty depending on the nature of the correction. For me 11805-11811 on nifty and 29975 on Bank nifty level is very important and i will initiate a long trade if the market hold this level. For this week trade is on both buy& sell i would prefer Optins instead of Future to reduce the risk. My trade set up will be by buying Monthly ATM Option Stradles on Nifty & Bank nifty. Capital risk is around Rs 27000/- for 1 lot on last closing basis.
    Please note that this trade set up just for sharing and up for discussion & for critics/is not a recommendation

1 Like
    Trading Set Up for Banknifty on 04/11/2019

• Trend:
  • Market set up:
  • Bottom Line :
  • The Trend is up.>> Great set up to Buy.

2. Sentiments

• Global markets:
    • Dow Jones future is Positive & Hang Seng is Positive.
    • What is on News/TV
    • EM has been outperforming after FED moce. FII is betting on EMs. F&O data indicate new high this week. (11840 hold, then new high) 30500 cross, then poweful move.
    • Us Jobs growth & lose fiscal policy in world over. good consumer sell. FII are Buying from last many days.
    • Whole sale auto sales are bad. GST collection is down by 5%.
    • Bottom Line:
    • Sentiments is very Much Positive. Sentiments is also supportive to Uptrend.

• A. Since Sentiments are Vey Much Positive, the Outside Trader will Buy with Good amount of aggression. B. Trader's with short Position- "Good" chance for short covering today.
    • A. Since Sentiments are Vey much Positive, Outside Traders will not try to short sell at all today.

• Set Up:
    • Sentiments:
    • Sentiments is very Much Positive.
    • Trading Edge:
    • My Today Trading edge points clubbing Setup & Sentiments is 113 Point. Since My Trading Edge is more than 70, I will look for Buying Opportunity only.
    • Entry on Edge:
    • Buy- When BN is Between 30550-30457
    • Exit on Fair price:
    • Fair Price for Today's Trade is at least 30661.55
    • Stoploss:

Abhikumar Patel
    Twitter https://twitter.com/abhi_9392
    [email protected]

Thank you all for participating! :raised_hands:

This winner for the first week is @abhi9392. Congratulations, Abhi! :slight_smile: We’ll get in touch with you via PM for the award. The contest for the next week (ending November 7th is now live here.

1 Like