Nifty & Bank nifty view tomorrow

Tomorrow markt view?

We have the federal reserve’s event today. So, all the global markets are focused on that.

Now what will the Fed do? extremely tough to say. After lot of months, we will have an event where there are multiple possibilities and questions that market participants have like what will be the quantum of rate hike and most importantly, what is the path going ahead? Banking system in US and europe is fragile currently so upside seems capped for rate hikes but it would be interesting to hear the commentary from fed on this.

Now coming to nifty, 16950-17350 seems to be the range for now. 17300-350 zone can be the logical target on the upside for nifty but that too is far fetched. Markets are expected to be rangebound and wait till the event gets over. Better to avoid overnight bets.

1 Like

Is there any better methods or Technics like to implement multiple strategies at a time to get good returns in weekly and monthly Bank nifty or nifty?

Yes, todays event is special. Fed in tough position we may see a surprise today. I think very small hike might be 10 basis point is ideal which will tell us that banks are not that bad shape.If it remains unchanged or drop some points which might tell us banks are in very bad shape due to duration and interest rate risk .And fed completely failed to gauge that risk now had to reverse its course.

No. I see this as a negative. This would give an impression that Fed is scared to increase interest rates because they fear many more banks failing. IMO if they wanna really give us assurance that all is good with their banks they should do their usual. May be 25 basis points?

Yeah , tough call recent collapse of banks has been deflationary , yeild fallen 60-70 basis points might be short term impact . Main problem is debt and fed balance sheet which is very hard to manage .

Agree. But I feel market wants to see how fed will react to this crisis. The way I see it, no rate hike would mean they are weak and panicking.
Anyways. Let’s see how market reacts. Markets are irrational and illogical most of the times. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

25 basis points it is. Short covering started. Let see if its whipsaw after press conference

1 Like

Mostly dovish policy as expected by markets but what caused the last hour meltdown in markets is mostly due to Yellen’s statements.

“I have not considered or discussed anything having to do with blanket insurance or guarantees of deposits”

300 billion worth deposits in SVB and other troubled banks got saved but what the other 17 trillion? That’s the main concern for markets now and there are many banks (>95%) in US haven’t yet gone through the fed’s stress test.

Next few months are going to be extremely tough and painful as the coordination between monetary and fiscal policy seems to be deteriorating more and more day by day.

Why I’m i saying that? US govt is about to touch ceiling limit and they have to eventually remove the limit and take loans…but how are they gonna do that? They would need to raise at higher rates which i believe depositors would happily oblige.

1 Like