Nifty far otm strikes in Kite

why i cant see deep OTM strikes in Kite for weekly options?

eg. i cant see nifty is trading at 16250 but i cant find 20000 CE or 14700 PE on kite? these strikes however are available for monthly options? am i missing anything?

The availability of strikes depends on index level. The Strike scheme for Nifty Index options for near expiries (i.e. Near, Mid and far month) is 30 ITM, 1 ATM and 30 OTM strikes based on previous day’s closing price of the index. You can check out more information on the NSE website.

The 20000 CE is available under quarterly and half-yearly expiry. These are known as LEAPS, you can trade Options until DEC 2026 expiry under this, though the liquidity is less for these. You can check out the NSE option chain for more information.

3 Likes

What is the range for banknifty?

1 Like

Bank Nifty is 40 ITM, 1 ATM and 40 OTM. You can check out more details here.

1 Like

Why is a far ITM Straddle showing much less margin requirement than a near ATM straddle? It’s so weird.

@ShubhS9

Strikes closer to Friday prices are showing lesser margin. Margin behaviour feels like BN is still at 34400.

On Wednesday closer to the expiry will the BANKNIFTY otm range increase for NRML trades ,I’m planning to do some overnight strangles 500 pts up and down from the ATM strike @ShubhS9 @siva @nithin

The allowed range is dynamic and will depend on OI utilization at that time. You can check the latest allowed range here, you will also get a Nudge on the order window if the option is outside the allowed range.