Nifty hits record high

More often than not, that is the case, as all indices are market cap weighted indices, and I think only in a huge bull run, all sectors participate which I guess is pushed by liquidity.

Low interest regime, huge participation, ATHs changing every month :grin:

This is why I am biased towards etf. That’s why I feel our effort to pick stock isn’t worth it.

There is a completely opposite view and practice for index investing, remove the PSUs (before the PSU rally) and stocks from certain sectors, focus on the stocks which belong to growing sectors, which have proven themselves, which despite big size can still grow, can even adapt, absorb or win new young counterparts, and make 20%.

It all depends on what we want to eat, the animal being the same :chicken:

Agree. My question is how many of them are actually successful beating the index just by investing.
Honestly I can’t. And from the data I have seen, active fund managers have also under performed in the recent past.

Please note that I have nothing against stocks and I too have a portfolio of around 40 stocks.

Right.

My point was that there exist investors, retail investors who do such excellent stock selection, and reap great benefits. Fund managers have got their own problems unlike before, so at least to beat Nifty, it has become tough.

As the Mastercard ad goes - There are a few things money cant buy, for everything else there is Mastercard. In the same vein, excluding those investors, for everyone else there is index investing :grin:

Exactly what I am trying to say all these days. There are very few. No data to support this but I feel not more than 20 percent of all investors. And 20 percent is also on the higher side.
Today I met a person who started investing when nifty was at 18300 in October 2021 and his portfolio is still 3 percent down.

Anyways. There are exceptions as you have pointed out.

1 Like

Nifty crosses 18800 and sensex crosses 63000. What a move!!

maza aa gya. :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Bull’s roaring and I think I caught it by its horns :ox:

And when that bull becomes a bear, when opportunities are zero, when charges are more than the profits, when there is no land in sight, that will be the test :bear:

1 Like

By the horns? You weren’t long?

No, that was not literal, just a metaphor.

Long and thus rewarded :grin:

Incorrectly used.

Wanted to go with something else, as you know, chose horns instead :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

1 Like