Nifty LargeMidcap 250 Index: A Balance fit between Large & Midcap segments

Yep.

After closure of new offer of Nifty LargeMidcap 250 index when can I enter in since I missed depositing on 3rd Nov. I am new to mutual funds. I am a DIY day and shorterm trader. It is just to experiment with a small amount.

After the NFO closes, the mutual funds usually open for continuous sale and repurchase within a week.

Thank you. I think it could be seen in the normal market watch or in Coins.

Coin since these are mutual funds.

Expense ratio is 0.25% which imo is pretty high. Compared to other passive funds who charge around 0.10%.

This will likely decrease as the fund size increases.

1 Like

Expense ratio has to be read along with tracking error. So its too early to comment if the fees are higher or lower wrt peers.

hi, not sure from where you got to know the tracking error. I have the data as of Oct 2023 and Edelweiss 250 has beaten Uti nifty 50 in terms of tracking error at 0.05 jus below UTi nifty next 50. Please recheck

just saw this, most of the active fund in mid large category are able to beat index fund.
Unlike Nifty50 funds, is it still wise to go fir this???

Inconclusive. Value research 10yr returns looks index beating the active fund.

https://www.valueresearchonline.com/funds/16626/hdfc-large-and-mid-cap-fund-direct-plan/

Are these available for pledging as margin?

What is the weight of the Nifty 50 stocks in the Nifty 250 index? Or to rephrase, if I’m investing Rs.100 in the fund, how will the amount get distributed across the top 50, next 50 and the rest of the 150 stocks.
And this is where I’m coming from : For investors who are looking for some meaningful exposure to midcap stocks, Nifty 250 index can be misleading. Wouldn’t they be better off investing in the Mid150bees?

this is already explained by @cvs

Regarding 2nd part of your query

because in-principle balancing of non-correlated (in this case less co-related) assets gives better risk /reward combination. For theory refer Harry Markowitz’s modern portfolio theorem. (He was awarded Nobel for the same). For actual performance, one can always compare returns and drawdowns wrt nifty50 and mid150 for past data

1 Like

Its not Nifty 50… Nifty 50 holds about 70 to 80% of Nifty 100…

This fund has Nifty 100 + Midcap 150
Its like owning 2 funds in one… Lets say an Axis Nifty 100 index and Navi Midcap 150 index put together…

The problem is on rebalancing… Some prefer to keep it as is without rebalancing and those people should not opt for this… Some just dont care…all they want is load as much as money in 1 index fund and for them this will suit…
I jus do 1) Edelweiss Nifty Large Midcap 250 and 2) Navi US Total Stock Market.

When will we have ETF for Zerodha Large Mid 250 MF?

LIQUIDCASE, Zerodha Nifty LargeMidcap 250 Index Fund, and Zerodha ELSS Tax Saver Nifty LargeMidcap 250 Index Fund is now part of the CC’s pledge list and will become useable for pledging from 1st March 2024. You can check the circular (Annexure 5) and Annexure 1 2 & 3 for reference

6 Likes

I am new to index fund investing. So here is a question. I have a lakh to invest.
Should I invest in Zerodha’s Large Midcap 250 Index fund or Edelweiss index fund which was launched earlier. If index funds mirror the index performance, does it make a difference in terms of absolute returns on which one I choose today. I understand the number of units will be different but am I better off investing in the one with a lower NAV or it really doesn’t matter? Assume similar tracking errors and fees. Thanks

Nav doesn’t matter at all. What matters is tracking error and expense ratio. The problem is that we can’t predict future tracking error. We can invest based on expense ratio being less and trusting the fund house. But the future tracking error and increase in expense ratio can’t be predicted.