Nifty sectors trading

dear @ShubhS9

could you please elaborate on below query

I would like to explore options of nifty index… (AFAIK nifty fin , nifty and bank nifty) i generally trade in this…

now my query is does nifty IT, nifty Pharma has options? ( i came across artice on nse it shows niftyIT options).
is it cash settled? (european system)
plz give me instrument and option chain link for the same…

thank you

Only Nifty and Bank Nifty options are liquid.

Nifty IT doesn’t have F&O contracts anymore. It used to have futures contracts which had okayish liquidity.

FinNifty and Nifty Midcap Select 50 have futures contracts but they aren’t liquid at all.

Nifty IT and Pharma index both don’t have derivatives on them. Nifty IT had earlier, but NSE discontinued those since there wasn’t much trading happening.

Currently indices that have F&O contracts on them are Nifty 50, Nifty Bank, Nifty Financial Services (FINNIFTY) and Nifty MidCap Select (MIDCPNIFTY).

All the index futures and options are cash settled.

@ShubhS9 dear sir thanks for reply

sir i would to know more. i have traded today on fin nfity and made some points… but my question is why i cant see the premium for next week expiry?? its starting to appear from friday … for current week??

and for midcap . which one is best 50 or100?? as u have said its cash settled. is there any option chain for that?

thanks