No additional intraday leverages from Aug 2021 in Indian capital markets

The mad bull Don’t care about commen sense talks do u think they’ll change their decisions just bcuz some low capital retailers doing uposhan…:rofl:

That’s why I called for fast unto death. Marna toh hai hi. Aise maro ya waise.

4 Likes

I still believe that there is a ray of hope left. SEBI chief’s (Mr. Ajit Tyagi) tenure is going to end by August 2020. Once the new Chief appointed if all the brokerage firms try seriously things may move in a positive direction. Right now, it is a loss-loss situation for both brokerages and retailers.

3 Likes

What is the exact penalty on non-payment of upfront margins. Is it in terms of money or what ? It should not result in a scenario where some brokerages continue to give margins by extracting the monetary penalty from the traders !.

Between 0.5 to 5% of the shortfall amount. Brokers can’t offer this and charge penalty, they will get pulled up by the regulator.

That’s the main issue, if people will bring in more funds that’ll be same as positional, they’ll carry the position thinking funds are being used same for intraday as well and gap up/down will wipe the capital.

other way is to hedge the position and that doesn’t make sense for intraday so you’ll carry positions anyways. and there comes an issue with zerodha not allowing strikes to be bought to hedge. so you’re stuck if trading only on zerodha you’ve no chance of doing anyworkaround as to hedge the far otm strike would’ve been blocked for buying.

1 Like

this is my biggest and the only problem with zerodha right now. sometimes they gives range of mere 200 points. that’s insane! they’re practically saying move to other broker, we’ve our hands full and reached OI limit. @nithin have to do something about this as they don’t have control over SEBI, atleast allowing far OTM strikes would help hedge and reduce margin requirements drastically.

Just open an account with literally any other popular broker buddy, problem solved

I’ve already done that but zerodha’s system is smooth and simple. would love to do all the trading on it, it wasn’t a choice but had to move to other broker due to OI restrictions.

I have also heard that Intraday will not be there after August 2021. Is this true?

same, moved to fyers…still not zerodha’s fault in this case

Did you read the first post in this thread?

Yes, majburi me kiya he khushi se nahi… i think they should make another entity and move half of the customers there, 50% OI limit badh jaaegi fir unki :sweat_smile:

@nithin can’t you make subsidiary or some other entity registered to get twice the OI limit and move half of the traders there? not possible?

1 Like

right, if this leverage thing does happen…really no reason to move to other brokers apart from this strike restriction

1 Like

Nobody wants to leave Zerodha but Zerodha has hit upper limit. We have been hearing few more days but to no avail.

retail trader will start process to Deactivate Demat Account from Aug 2021. Market is Alive (Volatile) Bcoz of Margin i hope it will discontinue if SEBI Think Again. Once Balance come under 1 lakh no one able to trade if they want then only in Cash Spot. and there is Only max to max 2000 Rs. Per day profit.
i dont think broker will understand that much after on Track at Aug 2021.

1 Like

Actually it’s partially a good move.
In india derivatives volume is beating equities like the hell.
Observe the conversations between finance department and SEBI, you will get more clarity about deleveraging.
Let’s see further development in our market.
In terms of transactions, security we are pretty developed.
Margin rules, settlement rules need to be developed.

This will only increase volume in stock options where even now liquidiy is absent.
Now everybody will buy options for leverage.

I hope liquidity increase in cash segment, which is good for everyone.