No additional intraday leverages from Aug 2021 in Indian capital markets

Yes we have products like this …i think they will surely come up with something to increase the business atleast on expiry days , else volume will surely reduce a lot

So even after August 2021 still we get 4x for Reliance Intraday Equity Trading.

@nithin sir any chance of brokers objecting it ? will SEBI tweak in some changes ? any possibility of that

yes 4.5 times

Right. might vary little bit depending on each scrip’s VAR + ELM but more or less the same.

1 Like

but isn’t this going to reduce the liquidity ? Its loss for you as well , reduced volumes means reduced brokerage. Can’t we do petitions like we did to remove STT in option on expiry ?

What will be the max leverage that can be provided for intraday FNO TRADES from Dec 2020?

Finally SEBI has totally removed intraday leverages/ no margin trading , going forward ,is FNO / derivatives going to be paid full in advance ?, i mean to buy 1lot of any derivative contract trader has to put full contract value , is, SEBI is going to do? i think SEBI is nailing the game!!

The game is shifting from leverage to technology now. I am optimistic and hoping to see more advancement in terms of better charting, robust platform, conditional and basket orders coming soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

So the new margin circular going live from Aug 1st, requires margin for selling stocks - be it for intraday or delivery. But if the brokerage firm can deliver the stock to the exchange on the sell date itself, there is no margin required. Brokers will start doing early payin to avoid this.

For BTST trades, brokers have requested for a way to allow selling of stocks without margin. We will get to know about it soon.

1 Like

Both for intraday and delivery. So yeah, the brokers who allow you to transfer funds after purchase of stocks, they will also have to collect this VAR+ELM upfront.

1 Like

As things stand today, I think intraday leverage in current form will be no more after Aug 2021.

Brokers have been requesting, and hence this time till Aug 2021.

It will reduce liquidity for sure. I don’t think a petition will be of use as this intraday leverage on F&O was never really allowed. All brokers offered it anyways. There was a lot of to and fro on this for the last many months, brokers, exchanges, regulators, etc.

Dec to Feb: 25% of SPAN+Exposure. March to May: 50% of Span+exposure. June to Aug: 75% of Span +Exposure.

2 Likes

ah… my man, what are you reading? To trade F&O, you need Span+Exposure, not the entire contract value. SEBI is saying that you have to minimum collect SPAN+Exposure, not lesser than that.

2 Likes

You are right , but i was in to some future projection :slightly_smiling_face: i think SEBI is like Chinese thing, thing is that , i am trying to avoid leveraged trade.

@nithin My question is will cash equity intraday with var+elm be available after aug 2021 ? Or everything related to intraday be removed ? Sry to disturb but it will be a huge help if u reply . Thank u

It will remain, like I have answered many times above.

1 Like

So sir @nithin after aug 2021 will our market be more smooth and how will genuine day trader be affected by sebi circular ?

1 Like